1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

The California Honor Run "is on fire"

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, Jan 14, 2009.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i was asked to post this
    thanks cowboy

B.J. Whitburn

Program Coordinator

Law Enforcement Training Center

College of the Mainland

1200 Amburn Rd.

Texas City, Tx. 77591

409 938-1211 ext. 299

He who would like something he never had will have to do something well that he hasn't done yet.

AWESOME!!! I am going to try and make this honor ride in Cal .

Ron Morales

Chief of Police

Emergency Management Coordinator

City of Dickinson

281-337-0476

Cell 832-512-9772

Thought you'd like to see how THR is touching lives all the way to CA. The work we all do is running into other areas. Carl and I made the presentation but without the work you each did we wouldn't have had anything to present!!

I am so proud of all of you.

Joeny

Carl & Joeny:

I can't thank you enough for taking the time to stop in Oceanside , CA., during Thanksgiving to share your Texas Honor Ride knowledge and experiences with Col. Hayes and the First Marine Division Association. The California Honor Run is "on fire" and it is to you that we owe a debt of gratitude for willingly sharing the successful Texas Honor Ride model with us. Take a look at the site FIRST MARINE DIVISION ASSOCIATIONSCHOLARSHIP FUND INC - California Honor Run in memory of SSgt May and you will see that the efforts of Col. Hayes, our honorary Marine, Mr. Michael Kerr, Major Bill Mimiaga, et. al., and their supporters are beginning to bear fruit. Michael Kerr, Dave Barr, Major Bill Mimiaga, Col. Hayes and the others are reaching out across this vast land and they are receiving warm, enthusiastic support for the cause of our service men and women in support of the California Honor Run and its objective to raise funds to construct a Fisher House at Camp Pendleton while also supporting the First Marine Division Association Scholarship Fund, the Vietnam Veterans of America and the Intrepid Foundation. The Vietnam Veterans of America is an outstanding organization of veterans who are critical to the success of this perpetual project and we also owe that group of patriots a sincere thank you as we could not execute the California Honor Run without their support.

Please feel free to share this communication with the participants in the Texas Honor Ride as you deem appropriate.

Semper Fidelis,

Jerry Reed
    Treasurer,
    FMDA, Inc., & FMDASF, Inc.
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Thank's chuck both of these guys are family friends & the wife works with both at times, Ron & his son did the ride last year & plans to ride it again this year, so if any of you guy/ gals out in that area can make a good run this is the one you can click the link & find out more
  3. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Thanks for posting this, I've sent my contact information to them in hopes of gathering more information and to see if they want to post something here in support of the Honor Run.
  4. 1st Marine Division Assoc

1st Marine Division Assoc New Member

Director CA Honor Run

Thank you all for your postings and your interest in the Honor Run. The Honor Run is a national effort to honor all those who have served and who are currently serving in defense of our freedom. All funds raised from this effort will go towards building a Fisher House. Families of any service member, not just Marines, will be able to stay at the Fishe House free of charge. To see more on the Fisher House go to www.fisherhouse.org

I encourage all of you to do anything you can to increase the scope to this mission. There is no contribution too small, and certainly too larg, when it comes to honoring those who serve. Our website is The Honor Run and you can reach me there or by emailing mskcreative@cox.net. Unfortunately I can't figure out how to turn off my pop up blocker so I can't see your private emails. I will try to fix this as soon as possible.

I want to share with you a message concerning this run the one of our leaders shared with me regarding his dedication to this movement:

SSGT May Jrs. widow and I met a couple of years ago. I took it upon myself to help her and about 900 other widows and children of our fallen in 2007. At an event the SSGT's widow came up to me with tears running down her face and handed me a Zippo lighter with the emblem of the Corps and the date of 3/25/03 inscribed upon it. She went on to tell me that she had given this lighter to her husband when he deployed and it was found on his body when they pulled his tank out of the river. I told her I could not accept such a gift and she told me "you have no choice I need someone to carry my husband's flame and continue the work he died doing" I carry that lighter with me everywhere as I took what she said to heart.

Signed

A Grateful Patriot

Anything you can do to help is deeply appreciated

You can see that route by going to the website and clicking on Dave’s Run. In Nevada alone, or organizing team is expecting 500 to 1000 riders to accompany Dave from the UT border to the CA border. The Nevada portion of the ride is supported by a Congressman from the State of Nevada and the Nevada Highway Patrol.

I look forward to hearing from all of you and thank you again for joining us.

Mike

Executive Director
    The Honor Run
    Gratitude in Motion
    The Honor Run
    1st Marine Division Association
  5. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

a little far for me, but i hope they have a great turnout and will post some pics and comentary about the run..............
  6. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

They have a ride like this here in Texas it goes to San Antonio , My buddy B J from collage of the mainland made it last year I think he did , any way he was telling me that Ron made it to cal last year & has his brand new G wing totaled while parker at a dealer for the ride brake , now has another new bike but says hell trailer it to cal this time
  7. 1st Marine Division Assoc

Hey is anyone out ther interested in helping me set up a Southern route? We just signed on with a wonderful women in Redding CA who produces a bike week up in Northern Cal who will bringing about 300 riders south to Oceanside for the ride. We would really like to see a Southern route from Texas to Calif. If anyone is interest or can put me in touch with someone that could help email me at mskcreative@cox.net
  8. 1st Marine Division Assoc