1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

The dreaded "O" Ring

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by phlsphyguy, Aug 26, 2008.

1. phlsphyguy

phlsphyguy New Member

OK, got the carb resized (jet wise) and am using the ez jet thing....I cannot adjust the carb at all. No matter if I screw it in or out it will not respond (reminds me of some ex GFs). YET, the bike runs great! No popping, great on take off, deaccel...etc...I don't remember seeing the O ring when I took it apart...the former owner had already pulled the plug and did his own adjustments and I fear it is missing. Can I buy any o ring of the correct size? I hate to give 15$ to CV for their rip off kit for the O ring....
  2. Jim Posey

Jim Posey New Member

The oring you seek should be obtainable at you local Napa parts house. They normally carry oring selections. Any good parts house should have selection in plastic box of all sizes, make sure you tell them its for gasoline. I lost one of those my self now that I think of it and I went to local Harley bike shop, not " Harley Dealer " Shop. They had several junk CV carbs laying around and the shop tech told me to find an oring thats good, give him a buck and have a nice day. Take Idle screw with you to size.
    Good Luck. JP