1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

The Judge

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Jan 16, 2008.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

2. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

awsome definately a stopper.
  3. Tiny86

Tiny86 New Member

SWEEEET That will be on my Birthday list:D that little Jewel will GET-R DONE
  4. 2fastnaz

2fastnaz Moderator

wooo Thats one non Ruger Pistol I'd own. WOW
  5. Slimjim

Slimjim Active Member

I have the Taurus .357 double action only revolver in my truck now but this one with the .410 is just the thing for a carjacker. I had seen the gun but never in action. I think I may try to work up a trade. Carjacking is a thriving business in and around Atlanta now.
  6. SK

SK New Member

That's sweet. I was over target practicing this morning and looking at various weapons. I saw a couple of pistol grip shotguns that'd be cool against home invasions in both 20 and 410 gauge (nothing scares the piss out of an intruder more than the sound of a shotgun being loaded). They're too cumbersome in a vehicle, but The Judge would be nice as you wouldn't have to worry as much about aim in a hurry with a 410 shell..both at home and in the vehicle.
  7. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

8. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i used to have a "texas defender" by bond arms....sweet little derringer...45 lc and 410. it was stolen.....loved that gun, great conceal gun.....

Bond Arms Derringers
  9. ruffrider11

ruffrider11 New Member

I can recomend the Judge it is sweet shooting and with the short barrel its not to bulky to carry in the truck. Picked it up at a gun show here in Texas. I keep it loaded u with 410 shells for in the house The newer one will take 3 inch mags
  10. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Got a budy that his buddy works at Carter Country. Word has it that ATF wants to have the gun taken off the market because of the shotgun part of the piston . It lets you have a shotgun tooo short.
  11. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

That is cool and would be a great hand gun anyplace. Sure makes my 9 mm look small.
  12. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Guess I best get one orderd LOL

There are other hand guns that will hold a 410 shell.
  13. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Stock up now boys before they remove it from the shelves!
  14. Ultra Al

Ultra Al New Member

Too bad this one won't chamber .410.

Magnum Research

That would get a car jacker's attention.
    Chuck I remember those derringers. I have an American Derringer in 9mm that fits right in the vest pocket I load it's rounds with 3.5 grains of AA #9 and a Hornady XTP. They also made the American Derringer in 45/70. Did it kick? Ask the bro who stuck the hammer in his forehead! AL
  15. SK

SK New Member

What's cool about the 410 shotgun shell approach for defending the home is if you miss, it won't go through your wall too easy and hit a neighbor. That's also why I use rounds at home with approx. a dozen plastic balls melded together to form a round. When it hits something, it breaks up..so..won't go through a wall very far, including the intruder it hits (makes a mess of internal organs). :cool: Don't want to hurt a bystander now..do we?
  16. Ultra Al

Ultra Al New Member

SK your post got me thinkin' and after thinking about it I believe Ill pass on the .410 as a defense load. Im not sure what loads are available, a slug would sort of be defeating the purpose. If you shot a guy in the face with say #6 load it would probably blind him but think of the possible law suit. I suspect a .410 is well below 1000 fps. what if you shoot for the chest and the guy is wearing a leather jacket? How much penetration do you get? Guess Ill stick with my .45 ACP for my all around carry gun, if the attacker had any kind of gun at all Id rather face him with my .45 over a .410. Now then it would sure make a nice toy and heck Ive only got 7 hand guns. Don't have room in the safe for any more rifles or shotguns but a hand gun will fit in there somewhere, then theres that .454 Cassul ahhh if it weren't for scooters and guns we'd probably spend all our money on beer, ethier that of just waste it. AL
  17. FLHTbiker

That is why I Keep a 12 gauge loaded where I can get to it. I also Keep a loaded 444 marlin close by. I shot a deer one time right between the eyes with it and it took the whole top of its head and antlers completely off. :)
  18. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

All the Judge has a simple solution

One chamber 410
    one chamber 45
    next chamber 410
    next chamber 45

:D
  19. FLHTbiker

That would be a cool pistol on a terrorist head. 410 to the face and a 45 to remove the head. :cool:
  20. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

I dunno about all that pistol stuff too much......I keep my 12 Ga short stroke close by.....with a few cases of 2 3/4 #7 target loads handy. I figure if somebody gets in, past the two Rottweilers, and up the stairs, he's gonna get a face full, especially since I pulled the plug and can now hold 5 or 6 rounds :D