1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

The Ohio/Kentucky Flood Wall

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by voodoo1, Nov 23, 2004.

1. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

Here is one of many murals on the flood wall in Portsmouth Ohio.

Attached Files:

2. Goose

Goose New Member

Wow, how cool! That's a CX500 on the far left, not one of my favorite motorcycles, but rather notable for its weird design. :D Cool artist! I don't really relate to art, can't draw stick figures, but I know I like that. :D
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Hope it isn't done in water colors lol

Thats pretty nice, when I lived there it was just concrete, typical cincy stuff, plain german boring no dirt LOL
  4. CD

CD Guest

Not only ugly but really weird to ride. If you hammered it at low speed, the torque tried to lay the bike over to one side. Only rode one once and only for a short while. Long enough to know it was not something I wanted to ride a lot lol!
  5. Goose

Goose New Member

Yeah, CD, had a horrendous torque reaction, much worse than a GoldWing, BMW, or even a Guzzi. I think the only "bike" worse that I've seen is the reaction to blipping the throttle on the GM small block in a Boss Hoss, LOL!

It also had among the worst shaft drive torque reactions I've EVER ridden, possible exception is the XS11 Yamaha. That danged thing would try to toss you over the bars when you dropped the hammer.

I've worked on a comple of CX500s in the last year. You do not want to even think of doing a water pump seal in one. It's a royal pain. I'd rather rebuild the thing. It has an "interference fit" mechanical seal, rubber portion in the case cover and ceramic seat behind the impeller. You must pull the engine, pull the case cover, pull the stator, pulser coils, countershaft seal, and shifter seal out of it, clean it completely, stick the case cover in the oven for an hour or so at four hundered degrees, then you can drive the seal in. You will only mess up the seal if you try to press it, trust me, LOL! The cylinders, like a Wing's are cast into the cases, no base gasket to leak. That's all fine and good until it's time to go one over on the top end. :rolleyes:

Did I say I didn't care for that motorcycle? Strike that, I HATE that motorcycle! Sorry if someone here likes it, no accounting for taste. I guess it might have been a fine bike in its day if you never worked on your own stuff. :) Even though it was pretty reliable, it had modest power, pogo sticks for forks, spring guides for shocks, mmmm, what am I leaving out? :rolleyes:
  6. Goose

Goose New Member

Oh, yeah, the Fred Flintstone brakes.
  7. usahellas

usahellas New Member

Fred Flinstone Brakes??

:confused:
    Sorry but I have to ask, what are Fred Flinstone brakes??? You have to stop the thing by dragging your feet? :p

The wall looks nice. Thanks for the pic.