1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

The past weekend

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, May 2, 2010.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Left Thursday morning at 5 AM for the HOG training in Reno. Had a great time, partied hard, learned a lot and came back 3 bucks ahead.
    Here is the reason we had to cancel riding the bikes. That is a snow plow we are following.
    The food was out of this world, the band they brought in was out of Chicago and one of the lead singer girls is Evil Knievel's granddaughter. The classes were all great and hopefully will help the chapter.

Attached Files:

2. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

I looked at the pictures before I read the text, saw the snow and said boy, I've been there ...that can make for a crappy ride but an ABS bike should be able to stop without dumping the rider provided he's straight up. I'm giving this ABS stuff some thought..might be time for another bike next year..problem is though is that the bike I have has been great but my right shoulder/hand isn't
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Except for the bad weather look's like fun was had by all
  4. FLHTbiker

Meant up with an old friend from Arizona and we walked towards town where we found a Brewery/restaurant. Great beer with some really large pitchers, slept good that night. :)

I don't think I would want to ride through that hard packed snow even with ABS brakes.
  5. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

Got caught in hardpack and been caught on freezing rain..i'll take the hardpack. glad you had a good trip..we're getting some more snow here tomorrow.
  6. FLHTbiker

Today the wind is blowing and its raining hard, snow level is down to 1000 feet. Enough of this crap time for some better weather.
  7. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

I'll drink to that......:)
  8. ShowMe02WG

ShowMe02WG New Member

If you got to be snow in Reno would be a good place. It looks like everyone had fun, but this is May we should be able to ride without snow.
  9. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

Was out in Reno one April a few years back. Strange weather - most nights it would snow and the roads would cover over, then they would clear by 10A and then by 3P the lawn sprinkler would be watering the lawn at the motel we were staying at. We took a sightwseeing trip across Guanella pass - 14" of snow - beautiful though. Pike's Peak was closed due to the snow. Looks like you had a great trip other than the snow. Glad it was a safe trip too.:D
  10. FLHTbiker

Here is a couple of shots of MT Shasta on the way home.

Oh yea, got to dance with a good looking girl at the party Friday night. She came over and drug me onto the dance floor. :D

Attached Files:

11. FLHTbiker

Found out they had another 12-14 inches on the passes here in the last couple of day. Send some of that Texas weather up here will yea guys.

Man, had enough of this crap, hailed hard on me today and had to run to get off the roof of a house.
  12. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

great pics!!!!! bummer on the snow! was ya drug on to the dance floor???? or did ya just flow out there??..............lol lol
  13. FLHTbiker

She came over and before I knew it she had me by the arm and was pulling me towards the dance floor. Now yea gotta know I'm no spring chicken anymore and this gal is in her thirties and was really moving. Good god was I glad when the song was over, man breathing hard but I kept up with her. Just glad I couldn't see myself in a mirror. :D
  14. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

:roflmao: been there......got the t/shirt!!!!!!!