1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

The ride today

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Sep 5, 2012.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

We set out heading for Vernonia Oregon,that is situated in the coast range mountains at the northern end. We rode from there towards Astoria that sits at the month of the
    Columbia River. We took 202 that winds its way through the forest and is a bit rough in places.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We were dodging these guys in the corners most all of the way, gotta really be on the look out for em as they don't slow down.

[​IMG]

We arrived in Astoria and headed for,the Pig and Pancake for lunch. Place sits almost under the bridge that crosses over the Columbia river. Back to the Washington state side.

[​IMG]

Great lunch and conversation then it was time to head up and over the bridge. The wind was blowing pretty hard from the ocean side and there were also large swells and white caps on the ocean side from the wind. The bridge is 4 miles across and would not want to do it when there is a large storm coming in from the ocean. The picture is taken from the Washington state side looking back to Astoria.

[​IMG]

Stopped and took those pics with my IPhone 4. The next pic looking back again at
    Astoria with Saddle Mountain in the back ground.
    Was a good ride all tool around 270 miles today.
    We were going go check out that other rode in the Cascades we found tomorrow, but now they are reporting on the news that there is a fire right where we would be coming down from B-Z Corners. Gonna have to think of someplace else to ride.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD,
    Last edited: Sep 6, 2012
  2. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

Really cool pics. Thanks
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Yes cool looking pics , & you do have to watch those log trucks they get paid by the logs them selfs in weight & how many
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Yea, them log trucks come around those corners darn fast.

Guess were not doing the others ride I wanted to do today, just heard there are forest fires down at one end and is along the road. :(
  5. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

Nice pics...Thanx...
  6. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Nice photos Marc. Some dilema you have there, trying to decide where to ride to and having all God's country to choose from! Keep 'em coming so's I can make believe I'm riding with ya! Say hello to Ol Maddog for me too.
  7. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

When you said "rough" I guess you mean the pavement got lots of hiccups. Semi's tear up a road quicker than anything. We have a lot of roads like that around here. That is some long bridge.
  8. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

Yep, FLHT, always look forward to your pictures... keep um coming, I enjoy seeing your neck of the woods...