1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Things all kids should know

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, Jul 13, 2007.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i found this on the net....

Love him or hate him, he sure hits the nail on the head with this! To anyone
    with kids of any age, here's some A+ advice.

Bill Gates recently gave a speech at a High School about 11 things they did not and will not learn in school. He talks about how feel-good, politically correct teachings have created a generation of kids with no concept of reality and how this concept will set them up for failure in the real world.

Reality Rule 1: Life is not fair - get used to it!

Reality Rule 2: The world won't care about your self-esteem. The world will expect
    you to accomplish something BEFORE you feel good about yourself.

Reality Rule 3: You will NOT make $60,000 a year right out of high school. You won't be a vice-president with a car phone until you earn both.

Reality Rule 4: If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss.

Reality Rule 5: Flipping burgers is not beneath your dignity. Your Grandparents had
    a different word for burger flipping: they called it opportunity.

Reality Rule 6: If you mess up, it's not your parents' fault, so don't whine about
    your mistakes, learn from them. Before you were born, your parents weren't
    as boring as they are now. They got that way from paying your bills,
    cleaning your clothes and listening to you talk about how cool you thought
    you were.

Reality Rule 7: Before you save the rain forest from the parasites of your parent's
    generation, try delousing the closet in your own room.

Reality Rule 8: Your school may have done away with winners and losers, but life HAS NOT. In some schools, they have abolished failing grades and they'll give you as MANY TIMES as you want to get the right answer. This doesn't bear the slightest resemblance to ANYTHING in real life.

Reality Rule 9: Life is not divided into semesters. You don't get summers off and
    very few employers are interested in helping you FIND YOURSELF. Do that on
    your own time. Television is NOT real life. In real life people actually
    have to leave the coffee shop and go to jobs.

Reality Rule 10: Be nice to nerds. Chances are you'll end up working for one.

Reality Rule 11: Read 1-10 again so you will remember.
  2. drillsarge

drillsarge Active Member

truer words were never spoken.
    Live long and prosper:D
  3. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

That's good, maybe would should forward that to every snot nosed kid under 25, cause they just don't get it.
  4. drillsarge

drillsarge Active Member

school teachers and some parents oughtta get a copy too The base for respect has to be laid in the home, although some KNUCKLEHEAD TEENAGERS never will get it. :cool:
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

The trouble here start's at home , & most teacher's are afraid of looseing there job or getting sued or both
    if it takes a ass wooping at home so be it the kid will learn one way or the other
    :cool:
  6. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Amen Cowboy!
  7. Slimjim

Slimjim Active Member

I was going to print this out and give it to my grandsons. How do I get the bouncing boobs off? :D This is really great advice and all of it true. Thanks, Chuck.
  8. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

And what's the problem with the bouncing boobs?!?!? :eek: Oh yeah, I guess if they're young that would be an issue. :roflmao:
  9. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

cut and paste.....cut and paste!! not pastie......paste:roflmao:
  10. Peyts

Peyts New Member

Love it, Chuck! Awesome! I think there are a sh*t load of younger adults (INCLUDING NEW PARENTS) that also need to read that! As for the printing... how do I JUST print the bouncing boobs? :roflmao:
  11. ringo912

ringo912 Active Member

I'd like to use the bouncing boobs as a screen saver. I think they would do a good job of keeping the inside of my monitor clean. :roflmao: :eek: :roflmao:
  12. Slimjim

Slimjim Active Member

Good one, Ringo!!:roflmao: :roflmao:
  13. Peyts

Peyts New Member

Ringo... I'M WITH MAN, MAN! :)
  14. ringo912

ringo912 Active Member

Thanks boy's...ya gotta be a little demented to come with something like that. On the serious side, I agree with a lot of the posts. The majority of the people in this country have migrated to a, "me first get out of my way" mentality. Many young adults and kids just don't get it. But it's not toally their fault. Biggest problem is the lack of parental involvement. Kids are given way to much latitude and are being raised by all the electronic bulllsh$t their parents give them because they don't have time to get involved. Their life is a cell phone, computer, ipod and video games.

Parents have to instill the importance of family values. Not bragging, but I was pretty fortunate with my kids. Their grown now, 23 & 27 and are well rounded individuals. By no means were they perfect growing up. They went through two divorces and decided to move in with me after the second one. We spent a lot of time doing things as a family. We sat down to dinner every night, (no television), as a family and discussed each others day. They were taught to appreciate the things they had by being exposed to those that weren't so fortunate. During the Christmas holiday they would spend a day or two at the soup kitchens serving dinner to the homeless.

When they were kids they were responsible to pickup their toys after playing with them. If they didn't I would pick them up and hide them. When they came looking for them, they had to buy them back with their allowance. It didn't take long before they decided to pick them up after playing. When I was dating my third wife, :eek: yea like I really no whats going on, :roflmao: we had her over for dinner. She was totally suprised and impressed when dinner was ready and they got up and turned the TV off to eat together as a family. It's all about teaching them the values of having respect for family and others. That nothing in life is free and to set goals for yourself in life that are going to make you happy. :soapbox:
  15. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

Hey Ringo, That's awesome. I've spent and srill do spend time on T-giving with helping out at soup kitchens around Charlotte. Make you grateful and thankful for what I have, and not worried about what i don't have. Kudo's to you... As for the Bill Gates article, I have the same one posted on my bulletin board and I mention to the kids at the beginning of the year if you think I'm unfair at all during the year, read this article and then shut your mouth. I am an *******, But you learn two things in my class. Chemistry (being number one) and the fact that life isn't fair and get used to it!!!:)