1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Things Your Mother Does

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Feb 24, 2011.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I just received a phone call from my mother to tell me that someone had died. It is a bummer that the person died, but I have no idea who these people are that she talks about.:gah: It isn't the fact that she calls me, but she does this every time that someone dies.:banghead: Almost every time that some one leaves, she feels the need to call and let me know. I tell you, the things that mothers do!!

Does anyone else experience this type of thing???:gah:
  2. Art_NJr

Art_NJr New Member

My Mom didn't do that (unless I knew the person who died), but I've known several older folks who do. More often than not, it's about the person feeling older themselves & I can understand that - when folks you've known for many, many years are passing on, you start to think more about your own mortality.
  3. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

My mother doesn't do that, but she drives me crazy in a thousand other ways. She is getting better, but the last time I talked to her, I think she was drunk, and it was really annoying.
  4. JohnnyBiker

I can appreciate those thoughts. I guess it wouldn't be so annoying if she wouldn't argue with me half the time saying that I know these people when I don't. Over half the time the people that she tells me about are people that I may have met when I was like 5 years old and have no personal relationship with as an adult.
  5. JohnnyBiker

That is one thing that my mother doesn't do and that is only because she doesn't drink. I love my mother but man can she annoy me. :witsend:
  6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i wish my mom was still alive to bug me.............y'all be thankful you can still talk to them....cause when their gone.............their gone!
  7. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

I think what your missing what she is really saying JB, its important to her and she is probably looking for a bit of compassion. She is also probably thinking all her old friends are dieing and she may be next. Just keep loving her as your mother as someday she won't be there.

My mother is 85 and calls family members up and tries to stir the pot up between the rest of us.
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2011
  8. shovelRob

shovelRob New Member

What a relief to read this. I love my mom, but boy does she annoy!

To balance it out, she had a fast run in with breast cancer 8-9 years ago that was handled so fast and over I went right back to being ungrateful. I'm never sure which way is up.
  9. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

My mother does'nt do it to offten , she has always tried to suger coat things for me , Like when Dad kept getting sicker & sicker , she would just say he's fine , But ever now & then she will tell me about one of her friends passing but I have know most of them almost as long as she has , so I'll cal one of there kids as I kinda grew up with them , fishing /camping trips ect
  10. cowboy

My mother does'nt do it to offten , she has always tried to suger coat things for me , Like when Dad kept getting sicker & sicker , she would just say he's fine , But ever now & then she will tell me about one of her friends passing but I have know most of them almost as long as she has , so I'll cal one of there kids as I kinda grew up with them , fishing /camping trips ect. and she be 90 this year
  11. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

You will get there too
    First you talk about who's getting laid

Then who's getting married

Then who is pregnant

Then divorce

Then promoted or unemployed

Then how your kids are doing

Then whose kids are Married

Grandkids

Who's sick

Who's died

Then you make that last list item and it stops for you but goes on without you

Cycle of life

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. cowboy

Yep your right the recycle of life , it just goes on & on :D
  13. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Wish I still had my Mom around to bug me! She died way to early in life at 35 and only got to know 2 of her grandkids. I don't worry about mortality cause it's a fact we all born and we all are gonna die - It's the space in between that determines who and what we are and how others will remember us. My outlook is when yer times up - don't matter what your doing your time is up. Case in point my Son-in-Law was going to work Monday and got hit head on by a car which crossed over the center line - were putting him to rest on Sat. and he was only 40. Left behind a wife and 4 sons.
  14. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

All my parents and grand parents are gone.
    Sure wished I knew what I know now. Would like to sit down with them and talk over a cup of coffee and pie.
    Man Please.
  15. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

yep, wish my mom & dad were still here, today is the anniversary of my dads death it's been 7 years and next week it'll be 8 years that my mom died.

just listen to her and agree that you may know them but don't remember them to well.
  16. bikem

bikem Member

My Mom and Pop are both gone now. I sure miss them both.
    I count myself lucky that I was 50 before they went to be with
    God.
  17. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

After I got out of the service I went and looked my dad up. Parents were divorced when I was 10 and mom ran him into the ground so hard none of us had much to do with him.
    Well, good thing I went and looked him up. We had more in common than I would have ever thought possible. We became best friends and did a lot together and found out that he was not as bad as my mom made him out to be. Sure glad I went and looked him up and miss him a lot. He has been gone sense 89, heart attack.
    Man I need to go for a ride.
  18. hotroadking

Sarge really sorry to hear that, my best to the family during this time I'm sure its very very tough on everyone.
  19. JohnnyBiker

Yeah I know. It is just that she does it all the time. I love my Mom, it is just one those things that she does that just bugs the heck out of me. I know for a fact that when the day comes, it will tear me up. I am going to give her a call later and say I am sorry for being insensitive. I do kind of feel bad for how I reacted. :(
  20. hotroadking

A good mom will do that to ya johnny....
    now it's time to go over, take her some cake and
    sit and talk with her a while,