1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

This is different.

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Goose, May 13, 2006.

1. Goose

Goose New Member

2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

I WANT ONE!!!:D :D
    chuck
  3. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

What Tha H@#l ? All It's Missin Is The Wings. Are Ya Ride'n Or Fly'n. Cool As Sh@# Though!
  4. murrdog

murrdog New Member

That is one cool lookin Ride.
  5. goats_hogs

goats_hogs New Member

Love it. The first one could be ridden on the open road I'd think, not much idling though. The second on show looks good also, but has to have a heat problem at the rear cylinders....

Love to see more about these, and hear them run......
  6. GreyBear

GreyBear New Member

Nomad, currently the Blue Ridge Mountains
    Wow

Man that gives the term "flying low" a whole different meaning....I'm with you chuck I want one!
  7. scooter

scooter New Member

"One" would be enough for you two, and everyone else on this whole site, if you could make the bike big enough to seat all.

The ol' Pratt and Whitneys that this reminds me of used to put out around
    450 shp. THAT is alot of horsies!!

scoot
  8. Goose

Goose New Member

They've got a double Wasp, Pratt and Whitney, down at the Lexington in Corpus, a floating museum of WW2 naval air power. It's the motor that powered the Grumman F6F Hellcat. It made about 2,500 hp in the Hellcat. That's one BIG chunka iron! This display motor is cool, sectioned on a couple of cylinders to show the innards.

Radials are awesome to listen to when they fire up. My mom worked for her cousin's flying service for a while when I was a kid, crop duster. He had radial powered biplanes. I used to go to work with her and when they'd fire one of 'em up for a job, I just soaked it in. :D He'd flown in the navy in WW2 and was a little crazy behind the stick. He had a couple of nasty crashes under his belt and survived 'em.
  9. Killer-B

Killer-B New Member

Sign me up for one, I wonder what kind of mileage it gets?
    I bet it would draw the biggest crowd at a bike night. (if your into that crowd stuff).
  10. stevenh

stevenh New Member

Now that's something! :D