1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

This is so true

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Nov 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

image.jpg

I think we are past due for a forum for metric bikes so we can hopefully open up Bike Talk to more metric riders thus making them feel more welcome.
  2. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Need a metric guy to lead it off.
  3. FLHTbiker

Make a metric section where they can come to. Ken, what do you think.
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

i'll have to buy a metric cigar cutter
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Just let them join in where we all are , why have a special section for them , it is call called Bike Talk for a reason ,& not Harley talk ,my 2 cents
    HarleysLR and badinfluence63 like this.
  6. FLHTbiker

Just to let metric riders feel more welcome. We chase away to many of them, just saying.
    cowboy likes this.
  7. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Yep I know what your saying , ole CB ran one a while back , bad mouthing his bike cause it was not a Harley ,& I gave him a warning saying it's Bike Talk not Harley talk , there's a lot of good Metric bikes out there with good riders on them
    HarleysLR and FLHTbiker like this.
  8. FLHTbiker

Another thing we need here is a separate political thread and a separate joke thread.
  9. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

How about put a voting poll on the matter and let the voters/members add input?
  10. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

I love to troll through the Jokes thread, when I visit my mother I log in and let her read a few, she always loves a good dirty joke and you guys have posted some excellent ones, and a political thread would be good too, been a few times some real good discussions have been brought to an early close and might have been neat to see where they might have ended up. Of course, might have been not good too, I guess, but all in good fun.
  11. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Didja hear about the Jewish rabbi that rode a cowasaki to the obamas for Christmas dinner?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

haven't heard that one yet
  13. FLHTbiker

Put it in the joke section
  14. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I so agree with you on this Dave. To have a "special" section for them may make them feel more as an outcast. Like you said, this forum is called Bike-talk, not Harley-Talk. We just need to do a better job at making them feel welcome is all.

I am apart of a forum that has a separate spot for "metric" bikes and I assume that it is intended for technical issues, and there is hardly any traffic in there. Why create a larger board if the need isn't there. Let's face it, metric bikes don't break down with the same frequency as Harley ' s do. Lol
  15. FLHTbiker

Lets face it JB Bike Talk is not a site for all motorcycles sadly to say. This is a Harley majority here. If I was a Goldwing only rider I would not stay either. As much as I hate to say it the name bike talk should really be Harley Talk as other riders do not feel welcome and I have as a moderator here been told that a few times. Even my friend Kev who was on here initially from the start has moved on because we became Harley only. No one told them to leave but it was obvious that this site has become a Harley site. I ride Harleys as well but also have a Triumph. I am a member of the Triumph board also. I don't talk about my Triumph here as there would be no response. Why, because the people here are only interested in Harleys as that is what they ride.
    My only thought was to make a section where maybe some other interest would arise. However after reading some of the comments here I have to say that I believe now that it would be a waist of time as would be any further discussion about it here would be.
  16. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

I hope you never consider being taken by the conglomerate known as harley-davidson forums. They gobble up popular HD forums and use promotional you for their product. Independent is the way to consider.

I've seen this forum grow slowly,strongly and steadily.
  17. FLHTbiker

I never go to their forum. What happens to this site is up to Ken as he is the administrator for it.
  18. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

This is a site for all bikes. Name a forum on this board that specifically uses a phrase that identifies brand? From what I read, it says, "for the motorcycle enthusiast."

Just because the majority of the content is Harley Davidson based doesn't change the "intent" of its purpose.
    cowboy likes this.
  19. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

I agree...
  20. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Oh oh!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.