1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

This was Cute.

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Dec 10, 2012.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

A while back I started to have some issues with my favorite pair of riding boots. They were a Harley pair, best danm fitting boot I have ever worn. Anyways the zipper would keep falling causing them to fit loosely and I would constantly have to readjust them. Finally the zipper just broke all together and I couldn't wear them anymore. I mentioned to my wife what had happened and we just haven't replaced them.

Yesterday, I was sitting in my favorite chair watching the Minnesota Vikings and my youngest daughter Lexus comes up to me, sits next to me and she starts talking to me. After a little bit she goes, "dad, you need to open your present, it has boots." Puzzled a little bit and of course curious, I asked her what it was that she said. She began to tell me again, but at this point Hot Rider had caught on to what she was saying. :roflmao: What a giveaway!!:roflmao: I tried to pretend that I had no idea what Lexus was talking about but Hot Rider just threw her hands up and said to open the present.

It was a pair of my favorite boots!!!! Now I just have to break in another pair. :rolleyes: Oh well, I think that I can manage that. :roflmao: Thanks Lexus!!
  2. ultra200922

ultra200922 Active Member

Kids do have a hard time keeping a secret, and it was cute.
  3. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

LOL...I remember as a kid rummaging through the basement and found my toys...Mom was pissed...
  4. JohnnyBiker

Yep, Mamma was not happy!!:roflmao: Hard to mad too long though.
  5. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Fun story, Johnny. Well, a few days ago, my wife, who was at work at the time, ordered me a pair of Winnatonka moccasin slippers in the mail for Christmas. It said on the box what they were.

The box is now gift wrapped and under the tree. I just didn't have the heart to tell her I knew . . .
  6. marc 55

Yeah...I told mom she didn't do a good enough job of hiding and that was proof of no Santa which I knew anyway...That was one of the years that my brother and I actually got chunks of coal in our stockings...Good memories...
  7. marc 55

Never found a pair of slip on or zipper boots that would fit right...Did have a nice pair of Harley lace up gore tex boots which were great to ride in but miserable to walk in...Replaced them last year with a pair of Bates lace up boots which are really great boots...
  8. JohnnyBiker

The boots that I have also have laces. :D
  9. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

Would have never imagined she would say anything! I didn't even open the box when she was around. Darn kids, guess I have to go Christmas shopping by myself I guess. O darn a little quiet time!
  10. JohnnyBiker

:roflmao::roflmao: She is SMART!!!
  11. Hot Rider

Hot Rider Active Member

She is that is why I'm surprised I got away with buying her birthday gift at Toys R Us in front of her with no questions or anything. WOW, what do you do.