1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

This was too much for me

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Feb 19, 2015.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

2. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Me too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. cardboard

I seen it on a 55" TV and got sick.
    Couldn't go to sleep. It was in my mind. and I was rolling on the bed when I tried to go to sleep.

I'm scared of heights.
  4. Fatboy128

Over the past 10 years I started developing vertigo (dizzy) at heights, even on a single story roof that is sloped. So I became scared of falling off. I used to work on bridges and that stuff didn't bother me back then but now, I'd be a problem to fellow workers. About 25 years ago we had to go out on the Verrazano Narrows Bridge catwalk (under the bridge deck from Brooklyn to Staten Island). One person wide and open steel grid. The guy from my companies lab was in front on me. Once we cleared the first pier he stopped short I bumped into him and he was like a concrete statue. He froze in fear. It took three of us to pry his hands off the railing and carry him off. Funny shirt back then, not anymore!
  5. cardboard

When I was like about 22, we had gone down on the river where you could go out on a Big rock area on a Blufff. It was several hundred feet down to the top of the trees.
    Everybody said before we go down here. DO NOT JACK with CARDBOARD.
    We got down there. There was 2 car loads of us.
    I was near the edge and a dude put his hand on my shoulder and acted like he was gonna shove me.
    In one of the martial arts moves that I had taken, I spun around and three him off.
    I was able to grab a leg. and I was screaming. He was dragging me off.
    Several other guys was right there and grabbed ahold of him.
    We managed to pull him back up.
    When we got him back up. Everybody started taking their fist and pounding him.
    Beating the Home made hell out of him.
    he was screaming what are you killing me for.
    They said what was the last thing we told you..

Cardboard is deathly scared of heights. your taking yer life in yer own hands, jackin with him when hes up high.
    He can't play, hes crazy when hes up high. Look at his eyes. He will freak out.
  6. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

When I was first in the Navy I got stuck on the island of Guam and had to first work on a floating dry dock. We had to go across the bay to an old WWII dry dock to get it ready to be broken up in sections of 4 pieces. From the upper deck you had to swing a leg over and go straight down the inside wall to the bottom. This thing was used for putting Battleships and docking those old WWII aircraft carriers in. In other words that thing was enormous and climbing down or up on just a metal rung ladder was a bit spooky at first. We got used to it after awhile but then one guy slipped and was killed. Next thing we weren't working on it anymore.

I used to take my ladder and climb up two story roofs right up onto the roof of a house and then slide down the roof on my stomach to the ladder and slowly get on it and climb down.

Well not anymore, can't do it. I couldn't even walk up to the edge of the Grand Canyon and look down the last time I was there.
  7. Fatboy128

All my trips to Az never went to the Grand Canyon. I was in Esteses park Co with the wife. We drove into Rocky Mt Park. One road went up and up then the trees went away and ya could see the pacific almost. I had to slam k. The brakes and close my eyes. After a while I slid over and let the wife drive I hot so dizzy. It sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  8. cardboard

Went to AZ 1st time in my life little over 3 yrs ago to stay with BIL in Phoenix.
    We went to the Grand Canyon. I've always wanted to see it.
    Dauym.
    People go over the little 2' wall and climb all over everything. They sit on really big rocks that look like they are gonna fall over the edge.
    MY BIL asked if I wanted to ride a mule down the narrow trail. HuH.
    Sit up on top of the rascal and ride down. Heck No.
    Signs are everywhere saying about the danger.

I was hollaring at the OL to not cross the wall. She grew up in Albq Mountains.

I had a couple dudes to tell me to shut up and got between me and the OL.
    I picked my foot up and tapped him in his private parts and touched his buddy in the throat.
    And said do you want to Die today. ?
    If you get between me and my Ol I will Kill you.
    My BIL said calm down. I said Hell No.

Both dudes backed away from me.
    I was scared being that high up.
    I grabbed the OL by the pants. Had my hand over her blue jeans.
    Said I'm not loosing her . I've fought all my life to find a woman that I can live with.

My brother in law thought that was hilarous.
    After a few hours I was walking around like a drunk.
    The OL tole her brother we got to leave up here, or the Old Man is gonna start throwing up. He has altitude sickness.
    I enjoyed it for a little while till I got sick
    Leaving the top of the Grand Canyon was great.
    Took 2 hours till I wasn't sick..

The Grand CAnyon is beautiful. But spending the day there. I can't do it.
  9. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Dude you is a bit over the edge :p

I always had the feeling that somebody was gonna come up behind yea and bump into you making you feel like your gonna fall over the edge.
    They had a bus that would take you down to each view point, pretty cool with some really great views.

CB, you should have taken the helicopter ride over the Grand Canyon :p :D
  10. marc 55

marc 55 Well-Known Member

Damn...No way in hell would I do that selfie crap...That is just nutz...I have no problem with helicopter or plane rides though....
  11. cardboard

Somebody said ya want to go the the glass walkway

No!
  12. bambidee

bambidee Active Member

Do not like height's either, go on roof's as a fireman to clean chimney's when people do not maintain them and the hard part is getting back on the ladder . Did a zip line ,enjoyed it, felt OK with the harness. THEN had to cross a rope bridge (like something out of Indiana Jones) that sucked. By the way -11 tonight DARN cool
  13. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

heights don't bother me,
    it's the fall...
  14. bambidee

bambidee Active Member

The fall is better than the very quick stop when you hit the ground, OUCH