1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Thoughts solicited on 98 FLHRCI

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by DeuceBones, Feb 22, 2009.

1. DeuceBones

DeuceBones New Member

I have just added a 98 Road King to my collection of one other Harley, my Duece. It was advertised as having a 95" kit added last year. It has 28,000 on the bike. What is the life expectancy of an EVO motor with that kit installed. I'm not sure of any other tech or maintenence details. Bought it to ride on longer trips than I prefer to go on my Duece. After all, what's wrong with having more than one Harley?
    Thanks for any feedback,
    Bones
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

98 last of the evo's my brother has a 98 flhtuct ulta classic rides it all over the country ,two up all the time & loves it says if it ever realy go's down he'll just rebuild it & keep on riding , I realy can't say how many times he has crossed the fine land on it & just keeps up on the oil changes no matter where he at
  3. DeuceBones

DeuceBones New Member

My first 98 EVO was an Electra Glide. Buying it from my brother in law, no money changed hands before I got ran over from behind on it. So, I never got to find out first hand what it was really like. Although the one I am picking up next weekend is supposed to be a little hotter than a standard.
    Thanks for the reply.
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

as long as it's been taken care of it should last a good many miles , my Brother just runs the stock HD oil 20-50 wt from any dealer he's neer when it's due
  5. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

evo's= good engines.........