1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Throttle bodys

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by cowboy, Nov 3, 2008.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I broke the rod the holds the butter fly on my 03 delfi efi don't know how , maybe thats why it got the hight idel ? not letting the senser work right my queston is does anyone know about the kurykan wild thing T Body it says it will up the HP & has 51mm straight bore T body can't remember what HD has stock , bike has V&H true dules & PC 111 & SE air cleaner kit with about 56k miles Thank's
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

cant help ya on the kury part, but if ya use a mm ruler on the bore, ya might be able to tell the size you have.......or look in that old dusty service manual under the pile of pizza boxes in the corner..............:) :roflmao:
  3. cowboy

I don't eat pizza in the shop I don't like the sauce in my parts :roflmao: , SM might have a coffee cup or Beer can on it though , book was out in the shop when I posted this & to lazy to go get it , I had my butt planted in a chair :roflmao:
  4. chucktx

been there and done that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1:D :D
  5. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Basiclally the rule on EFI is that bigger doesnt' really hurt, the 51 would be fine but you might or might not see a power increase, but you won't see a power decrease.

What that means is oversizing the intake on the EFI bikes doesn't have the same bad effect putting a too large carb does on the power.

So you can go bigger, and then if you punch it out to 103 it should work as well.

is the intake it'self damaged?

I would look on HTT (HTT) in the swap meet section or on Ebay for a take off efi manifold/throttlebody and just swap stock for stock unless you are planning motor work.

JMO
  6. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

yep i agree with that. shop around. not sure but think zippers carries that sort of stuff:devil:
  7. cowboy

HRK the intake is just fine , just the rod that holds the butter fly broke & you can't buy just that rod , A local indy had one from a 06 moled FLH & it's way different , He has a good shop & was about to just give it to me , so now on to looking as there just under $200 new & naked from HD :eek: & thanks HRK that was the info I was looking for I was not sure if it would over fuel it like a carb would
  8. cowboy

OK I found one at the HTT site HRK sent me to check in the swap meet section A fellow go's by 02fyrfta had the whole set up & A real good price :cool: if all go s right should be back on the road next week end
  9. chucktx

i did a little checking.....is seems that the 03's had a lot of bad throttle plate levers.......a lot of them broke just like yours......no repair or fix kits....just have to replace them.........glad ya found what ya needed.........:)
  10. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Hope it works out, and HTT moved to HTT incase anyone missed it.
  11. cowboy

Thank's chuck I guess it's good to know I was out in the shop & check the milage just shy of 56k , so I did good on that part :D