1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Thunder Roads Texas Magazine

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Goose, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Goose

Goose New Member

I've been writing for this magazine for a few months now. Just figured out where the PDF is on their site and since they link it there, figure there's nothing wrong with linking it here.

My article is on pages 17 and 18 this month. I write the monthy racing column called "The Fast Line"

http://www.thunderroadstexas.com/200506-TX.pdf

If I get to make the trip labor day, I had planned to do an article on it, 2000 miles on an SV650 or something to that effect. However, I got to looking at the schedule and the last TMGP race and awards presentation is Sept 4 and 5. ****! Now, I don't know what to do. I'm sleeping on it, but I hate to miss out that race. Then again, I REALLY wanna do that ride and write about it and make all you guys Texas stars, LOL. I may just chunk the championships this year. Heck, I've gotten enough of 'em.

Anyway, I thought you guys would like to look at the rag. It's a pretty cool rag.

Oh, btw, if you get SpeedTV, I've been seeing a new chopper show ad on there about a shop that's up in the DFW area, sort of an OCC type show. It's sounds like it might be decent. The little theme song they've been running goes, "I like bikes and beer, Guns'n girls" Yep, it's 100% Texan alright, ROFLMAO!
  2. CD

CD Guest

Great article Goose!

Man, you just gotta come this year!
  3. dutch

dutch New Member

Goose

Goose check your private messages. Dutch
  4. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

Nice article Jack, and you're right about the thin crowds..shame actually. I've seen the promo for the new show..LOL. I thought we were a bunch of rednecks up here but hey! I sure hope you can make it up for Labor day..you bringing the SV?
  5. Goose

Goose New Member

Yeah, I'm going to try to make it on the SV, the plan. It needs a rear tire before then. Friggin' sport touring compounds only last about 5K on the thing.

Anyway, I hope I can make it, but not sure. Might hing on business, too, but right now I don't think that'll get in the way unless we get crazy with stuff. I was all set and ready to go, then I saw that schedule. If it were a CMRA race, I'd get John to get a fill in rider. But, TMGP is what I'm sprinting. Bummer.