1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

thunderheader vibe question

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by voodoo1, Dec 20, 2004.

1. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

Okay... one last try and see.....
    got an 02 wide glide..... has the thunderheader been updated/improved when it comes to the vibration the bike (may)pick up at higher speeds from the difference in length and weight compared to the factory pipes. It is down to a thunder or the V&H 2-1 classics. gott getem order from here soon.
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I have a 00 Heritage and haven't see a crack or any issues with the Thunderheader, can't say about the dyna but the stuff I have has held up to some serious hp abuse LOL
  3. CD

CD Guest

The T-Hdr bracket will still crack on the rubber mounts. They have beefed up the bracket a lot in the past year or so and breakage is way down. All that weight hanging off the back sure alters the vibe frequency.
  4. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

thank you so much

now I know "whut-tuh" go with.. the clasic will be the way..Gonna order here(DPI)) right after the new year or keep an eye on the sales.
  5. harvenator

harvenator New Member

thunderheader

I've had 2 t-headers. One on my '98 Dyna and the other on my 03 fatboy. The Dyna has about 20,000 miles on the thunderheader and no cracks at all. I'd buy another in a heartbeat -- great power all through the powerband and love the sound. By the way -- the Dyna's for sale -- e-mail Harvenator@aol.com
  6. voodoo1

voodoo1 New Member

thanks

thanks...I appreciat the info..
  7. skipglide@comcast.net

skipglide@comcast.net New Member

Thunderheader sound compared to V&H 2 into 2?

Anyone know how the sound of the Thunderheader compares to Vance & Hines 2 into 2? Thanks! :confused: