1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Thundermax w/autotune

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by 08XModel, Jul 3, 2009.

1. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

Just wanted to say that I'm happy that I didn't wait the tmax for 08 tour models. I would still be waiting. The money for that has been spent on other smaller projects. I have to say that I am ok with the cobra tuner. It may fall short in some areas but I know that I won't burn up the motor with new mufflers and air cleaner. Maybe some year the tmax will come out. It is to long to make people wait one year and counting. Hope it does some out sometime. Have a good holiday and ride safe.
  2. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

The cobra tuner will not compare to a thundermax
  3. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

I know the cobra tuner won't compare to the tmax. It works good to get me by until the tmax comes out. Just saying I was happy not to wait for the tmax to come out and am able to be out riding right now.
  4. duke76

duke76 New Member

I have heard of a few people that also like the TTS mastertune but have no personal experience with them, just heresay, but I agree they told us last year at Sturgis they would be out in November then the first of the year, makes me glad I have an 05, but I really do like my Tmax, Todd
  5. cardboard

The TTS Master tune is a upgraded SERT.
    Do you know anybody in yer area that can tune a TTS Mastertune ?

I chose to call Jamie with Fuel Moto and git a retrofit PCV with A/T. It will also tune the bike. It used the factory computer.

The TM will replace the factory computer. It can tune itself.
    I do have somebody in a 100 mile range that has Advanced tuned a Thundermax.
    Got a buddy back home that also is a Advanced TM tuner and who turned me on to them 3 yrs ago.
  6. duke76

duke76 New Member

No I dont have anyone locally that can tune with the mastertune, I think If I had an 08 I would also just get a pc v for the time being
  7. cardboard

Seems that with HD coming out with the TBW and the ABS brakes , and they changed the ECM plug on the 08 also, that is has thrown the after market a big loop.
    HD wants to keep you comin to them and spending more money. They want to cut down on the competition.
    Good old HD does it again. With the EPA regulations I think its gonna even git tighter as time goes by also.
    If it wasn't for the aftermarket HD wouldn't be where they are now.
    :banghead:
  8. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

TTS is the company that used to make the SERT, so if anyone can tune a SERT they can tune the Mastertune.

IN addition the TTS Mastertune comes with the 02 sensors (wide band) and hook up so it will read the cyl as you ride during the tune phase.

If you have used the Sert (or not) basically you need to set the Volumetric Efficiency of the cylinders, this is a map like a spread sheet in the ECM/SERT/TTS that has values.

The TTS basically self tunes the VE ratio, this is important once it is set then you can setup your AFR table for each cyl ride and see how close you are, fine tune etc.

It's not that hard..

Timing is another issue, probably best left to the dyno and the operator that is knowledgeable.

So you can do it yourself with TTS, I've done seveal SERT's with the Daytona Twin Tech system (basically the TTS combines the two)

Works great..