1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Time has healed the wounds

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by chucktx, Nov 23, 2007.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

11/22.......as i watched the news, i saw no mention of jfk's assination.....i guess the "hypetime" has passed and is no longer worth mentioning........
  2. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Chuck, you know the deal......if it's not increasing their ratings, it's not news worthy. Some things are worth mentioning but in TV land it's all about the ratings, not whats important. Sad but true....:(
  3. ringo912

ringo912 Active Member

Voodoo is right. I was nine years old when it happened and remember it like it was yesterday. I can even remember the class I was in and the teacher's name when it came over the PA system. But it will always be remebered by those of us that care.

I was in Dallas a couple of years ago to interview for a job. My hotel was about six blocks from Dealy Plaza. I walked to Dealy Plaza and sat on the Grassy Knoll closed my eyes and tried to imagine what all those that were there on that fateful day experienced. Whether you agreed with JFK's policies or not, it is to this day, one of the sadess days in American History.
  4. bikerputz

bikerputz New Member

They had some coverage here in MA but I'm pretty sure it was about that lack of coverage. Like said about it's not interesting enough.
  5. VYBR8ER

VYBR8ER New Member

The sad part is that we the people will never know who killed JFK. Nice to know that we have such an open form of government that represents the wishes of the majority.