1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Time to Ride

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Nov 25, 2009.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Well, its time to head out on the bike, turn the heated grips on and head out for a nice long days ride. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. :)
  2. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

yep, Going to be 46 here. I'll be headed out to run some errands.
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

stay safe y'all..........gonna try for a ride on saturday...........
  4. Slimjim

Slimjim Active Member

It's deer season here. The bike is going to get a little rest for a few weeks. even though it's better riding weather than hunting weather right now. :)
  5. FLHTbiker

Great ride today, we road up the Columbia River Gorge up Interstate 84. Way back we crossed over the steel grated bridge in the wind, :eek:

Rode back up to Vancouver WA on the WA. Side on Hwy 14. Sunny day and a great day for a ride.
    The new bars and the heat demons were fantastic, no cold finger tips this trip. We did 280 miles today and funny how the cool air makes ya sleeping when you get back home sitting in the warm house.
  6. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

Got up to about 50 and beautifully sunny here so I got out for a ride before we started with the family meals. Started out by going down to the cemetary for a short visit. Our daughter loved to ride with me. I didn't need a radio because she would sing while we rode. She passed away 2 years ago the Thursday before Thanksgiving. She loved for me to take her to work on one of the bikes. I'll get religious just for a second and say that as I realize that her soul is no longer there but I guess the visit serves as a point of attachment. After that I went on across the "ridge" to Kingsport then back up the road a bit to home. Black Wolf H-D where I trade bikes is having a Christmas party tomorrow so even though it's only supposed to get to 39, my wife and I are still planning to ride up there for a while. Then Saturday it's supposed to go back to 60 and still be sunny so - more riding. You're right FLHTbiker - turn on the heated grips and go. I'm sure enjoying mine so I know you (and anyone else that has them) are enjoying yours/theirs. Hope everyone had a GREAT and BLESSED Thanksgiving with family and/or loved ones. Enjoy life, help where you can, stand for what you belive is right and above all BE SAFE.
    Danny
  7. FLHTbiker

Sounds like you were close to your daughter and very sorry for your loss Danny.

Weather here today was very wet about an 1" of rain, just the opposite of yesterday, so glad I got in a ride yesterday.

Weather this weekend looks to be shaping up so were planning another ride.