1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Tire Plug Kit

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Jan 16, 2010.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

look's easy enough to use , I have used plugs in both my truck & bike tires
  3. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Never leave home without mine in the tool bag - Never had to use it Yet! (knock on wood) but it's there if needed.
    Does that kit have the CO2 bottles?
  4. cardboard

you suppost to take a 12volt slime pump with you like Chucktx has.:witsend:
  5. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Never used that one but have used the Stop and Go with great success. Have used it twice now once riding home on a holiday weekend over 500 miles with the plug in it pulling a trailer, no motorcycle shops open. I have even used it on my truck where nails from construction sites and punchured the tire. The stop and Go plugs are the mushroom headed plugs and they work excellent, wouldn't leave home without them and my 12 volt small pump.

Motorcycle Products | Stop & Go International | Home of the Award Winning Pocket Tire Plugger
  6. cardboard

I try to ride with a Redneck dude that I talked to that bought one of the Stop & Go Plug Kits.
    He probaly has it on the shelf in his garage come to think of it.
  7. FLHTbiker

I carry the standard model. Gotta tell you those motorcycle rear tires are pretty tough to poke any thing into when plugging them. I also carry a can of tire sealant. With my current bike I'm up sheet creek with the spoked wheels and tubes. Have not had a flat with them yet, hope I never do. I hate the thought of pulling a wheel off to get the tube out to patch it.
  8. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

that is the one i carry also....
  9. seg

seg New Member

in 06 i bought a night train, went to sturgis, had 11oo miles on the bike, poked a hole in the rear tire , sharp rock i guss, stoped at 4 different tire places, could not get a new tire out there, had a real problem getting some one to plug it, finely to told one guy at a tire place, hey, here is 20 bucks, plug the damm thing ! an i dont no you are where it was done, he agreed when i got back home i replaced the tire, every one says dont plug the tire, what the hell else are ya gonna do 14 hours from home
  10. cardboard

Got a friend of mine that sit on the side of the road for 6 hours with his Old Lady and his softail with a flat tire , nobody would stop and help him. He got a wrecker to git his bike and take it to his house.

The next thing he did was to buy a Stop & go Kit and a 12volt pump from Napa and put it in the saddle bags.
    He has even plugged a tire on his tractor with it and it held..
  11. seg

seg New Member

yep, i got mine pluged an road the puppy home 14 hours, even road it around sturgis for a week befor i went home, never had a problem, but to be on the safe side, i did replace the tire when i got back
  12. FLHTbiker

So what do ya do when on the road with a tube tire when ya get a flat besides patch it?
  13. seg

seg New Member

they talk like its ok to patch a tube, they just say, dont plug a tubeless tire, i dont see the problem, but what the hell do i know
  14. chucktx

not much unless ya want to break it down and patch it.....i had a 21inch front that caught a nail many years ago.....way out in the sticks. i did put a can of fix a flat in it, and as long as i was moving it held.....but if i stopped it went flat. did get some help and got it patched. i love tubeless tires........:)
    i still have bike tire tools, but their in the tool box in the shop.....now i carry plugs and a pump....and use them if need be....
  15. FLHTbiker

Yea, I fell in love with that 09 Red/Smoky Gold color Ultra with the spoked wheels. I know better but that bike had my name on it and besides I thought the 09 tubeless wheels were kind of ugly. Some day maybe a set of nice looking wheels.
  16. chucktx

tubeless, spoked wheels are available...........
  17. FLHTbiker

Know a guy who has those and he is constantly having problems with them and put a tube in em.
  18. cowboy

Man those stop& go look like work to me , I still use the old style & they work & hold fine :D
  19. FLHTbiker

They really do work very well and are not hard to install. I've had to plug 3 motorcycle rear tires now using them. They don't leak or come out.
  20. cowboy

ya i looked at it real good , might have to check into it for the standerd kit