1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Tire problems

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by desertdawg42, May 6, 2011.

1. desertdawg42

desertdawg42 New Member

I just replaced my tires on my 06 roadglide. I put on avon venoms. I,m having a rear tire wobble around 60 mph and up. Had the tire remounted and of course the mechanic says he doesn"t feel it,but i do. Gonna have a dunlap put on the back and hope that cures the problem.Anyone else have this problem
  2. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

Yep..had a bad Dunlop ..had to change the tire out as it was defective..shop's dime, they sold me the tire...sometimes, not often you can get a bad tire..I've had two bad dunlops and two bad pirellis over the years.
  3. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Avon tires require more psi than stock rear should be 42. Check pressure first. 40 front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

i am going to assume that spokes have been checked......if you have them, also bearings....just a thought..........
  5. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Avons are good tires ,But like anything you can gat a bad one , also did you put avon both front & rear , avons are the tire you can't really run unless you have both , there the worst to mix also did they balence both tires