1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

tires

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by samvan, Jun 22, 2015.

1. samvan

samvan Active Member

My 2011 street glide normal rear tire size is 180 *55*16. I am trying a 200 * 55 * 17. I am getting sway at speeds 85 mph and above. I race the bike street and sometime at the track. Any wisdom on reducing to 190 * 55 * 17 or better yet, reducing to 180 *55 * 17. I am curious if splitting the difference between 180 & 200 might eliminate the sway?
  2. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

I was very happy with the performance of the stock tires on my 09 SG. If there is no positive advantage to changing the size, I would stick with the stock size. JMO
    JohnnyBiker and FLHTbiker like this.
  3. samvan

samvan Active Member

I may need to do just that.But gonna try the avon 180/55/17. I have avon 21" on the front. ( Hope this will work )