1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Tires

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by gabby, Nov 29, 2008.

1. gabby

gabby New Member

my bike runs a seemingly odd tire size. 140-70-18 rear and a 90h-21 front. i've found my size but they are costly. kenda offers them at a really low price. my worry is, will they ride and handle well. at least ok. i fiqure they won't last as well, but money being what it is, ya know? looking for opinions and maybe some experience. thanks almost broke gabby
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Gabby, I thought the rear tire was a 16 inch?
  3. fxdxriderleo

fxdxriderleo Active Member

the kendas i have used, grip very well. wet ,dry, rain grooves, tar snakes, no problem. they don't wear well, maybe 5-6000 miles.
  4. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

my last one got a slice on the sidewall after about 500miles, but I'm interested in that 18" for a swap on a 16, I need some more inches off the ground:roflmao:
  5. gabby

gabby New Member

flhtbiker, it probably was. the original owner lowered it and changed the wheel. on it is a avon venom tire. but i can't find my size with them now. a little wider (150), but not a 140. the clearance to fender is close, plus i like the attitude of the bike. the wheel is solid, but i think that's stock for a nighttrain. is the 21 front stock?:confused:
  6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

gabby, let me check in my shop....i have an odd size tire out there....will let ya know what it is tomorrow.......:)