1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Today

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Mar 26, 2012.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Wife wanted me to finish the trim and do some painting on the front porch deck.
    Olbill called and said he was gonna ride down to the dealer. Told the wife that I don't have the right color of paint. So got on the Springer and went to fetch some. Course I took the loooonnng way to get their. 4 hours later I called her and she said you must have meant up with Bill. Nope told her he was a no show so I went riding and decided to take the long way home. I just finished the trim before the rain coming in tonight.:D
    Guys gotta do what a guys gotta do.:D
  2. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Don't ferget, ya gotta make deposits into the wifes emotional bank so's that yer can make withdrawals from time to time! No deposits, nothing to draw on!
  3. olbill

olbill Active Member

Sorry about the no show i got into some yard work just as finished Sue asked for some help
    planting a tree next thing i knew it was 2:00 so i r3sted up for to nites new hog meeting place .I will give you an update.sorry again about the no show
    OLBill
  4. FLHTbiker

So let's hear your update you no show :D:roflmao:
  5. olbill

olbill Active Member

Thought the meeting was good it was exactly 1hr. 15min. the only thing i think was boring was the covered bridge thing was tooooooooo long got home at decent hour didn't have to drive almost to Salem to get to the meeting [I had to say that] Sat will tell me more on my decision what I'm getting in to.

OLBill
  6. FLHTbiker

I didn't think the meeting was to good, kind of boring. Boy not much for upcoming rides. They need to take a lesson from Sunset. How did you like Tim and his life size Teddy Bear. Don't think I can follow him down the road to The Dalles next month.
  7. olbill

olbill Active Member

I totally agree we haven't a good meeting since Dan was doing the meetings.I take Tim with a grain of salt he tries but to hang a life size bear on the back of bike it's a accident looking foe a place to happen .They made Dave a road capt. last nite he has a good ride planned Bob and i road it with him when he was laying it out he is a rider. I just hope he doesn't get beat down buy the good ol boy's.

OLBill
  8. FLHTbiker

To bad they didn't announce it, but how could they make him a full Road Captain when he has not even followed the rule that you must first lead a ride. Sunset has a much better handle on it. These guys are making their own rules when as feel like it.
  9. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like you guys need to speak up a bit louder at your meetings , do you still have that gal leading the pack ?
  10. olbill

olbill Active Member

Nothing against Dave i think the blind is leading the blind.Did you get the 9 page Email on the rules of riding in a group from Sunset very interesting Plus the ride on Sat.
  11. FLHTbiker

No I did not get that. Forward it to me.
  12. FLHTbiker

Why do you think many of us joined another Chapter. Yea, the thing is still there, bling and all. :puke:
  13. cowboy

I guess it not who you but who you b--w :eek: it was hard to tell who was who in the pic :roflmao:
  14. Tomflhrci98

Tomflhrci98 Active Member

This is why I can't get myself to join up to the local HOG chapter, I can't stand all the political ego crap. I'd much rather stay home and clean the spokes in my wheels.

But, I'm always riding alone :( :D :(
  15. FLHTbiker

It used to be a really fun group and I looked forward to going to chapter meetings and events but not any longer. The power women have taken over and it has become basically a women's chapter.
    Nothing against women but when they want to control a riding group manly made of men and push there way it really sucks.
  16. cowboy

I would rather ride alone then ride with a bunch of head strong folks :rolleyes:
  17. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

I agree, like to stop when I want to stop, go when I don't want to, change mind where I am going, iffin I want to. :D
  18. FLHTbiker

Im feeling more and more like that all the time.
  19. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

I ride with Hot Rider and that is about it. There are certain select people that I will ride with but that is about it. OH yeah, I don't wave to people anymore either.
  20. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

I ride alone. Once in a while I might flash a peace sign to a passing biker but I keep my hands on the grips. Welcome back, Johnny!