1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Todays Adventures

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by JohnnyBiker, May 3, 2012.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Nothing real interesting to say other than put about 220 miles o the Glide today. Went to the stealership to get some oils for all parts of the engine plus a filter as the Glide will be going up on the dyno this coming Monday. Man was it a nice day. 80* and no wind, just a lot of figgen bugs. It is just unreal the amount of bugs that out there. They can hurt!!! Got to the dealer, purchased my stuff and left. I got about 15 away and for some reason I started to look for my phone. Guess what, I had left it at the dealer. Oh darn, turned around and got it. I got home and then Hot Rider and I got on the bike and we went to St.Cloud to go see a really good friend of ours. We got to his place, sat, shot the the shiit, grilled, ate and so on. Finally we had to come home.

Like I said, nothing real crazy or overly exciting, but it was a day filled with riding. How can one go wrong?
  2. big_jake57

big_jake57 Active Member

It was a nice day here also. Leaving on a weekend ride tomorrow. Hope the nice weather holds out !
  3. JohnnyBiker

Where are you going?
  4. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Glad to hear it, guys. I've been riding all week with temps in high 80s to low 90s. Some days not as buggy as others. Keep yer mouth closed!;)
  5. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Well here in the Nor'East the weather has been in the crapper all week. Rain, cold and windy. The only good thing has been the Striper bite, in between the rain storms. We had better riding weather in March and April.

I was planning on attending the "Rolling Thunder" in Wash DC this year (Memorial Weekend) with the club. This is a tough one since the OL can't ride and it's a long weekend for her. I may just stay home and make the deposit into her emotional bank. "Cause, I am going to the Laconia Bike Week this June! I haven't been to that one since '83. I like it better than Daytona. Great mountain rides.
  6. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

'Been thinkin of doin Laconia,Lou and the guys are goin. Not sure the ol' back could take it.3 days of hard ridin(for me):confused:
  7. JohnnyBiker

Today I bring the Sportster in so I can get a new front tire put on. I am looking forward to getting that done, then a little more corner carving for me. Here in about a week I will be getting the middle daughter a helmet so she can get on the bike. Lots of stuff happening. Before you know it, Memorial weekend will be here, hopefully hooking up with a couple from the Chapter and do some riding. Awesome!!!:cool::cool:
  8. big_jake57

big_jake57 Active Member

Leaving in a few minutes to ride the Loess Hills down to the MO border.
    First extended putt of the year.
  9. JohnnyBiker

Cool. :cool::cool: We still need to get together and go riding??? Have a safe trip!
  10. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Put it on the Autotrain out of Sanford, sleep in a nice car have meal and
    get off the bike in DC, cuts out half the trip and the hot part of the ride anyway, on the way back grab the train home..
  11. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

Something to consider.thx
  12. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

hey at least it would break it in two.
  13. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Thats why I have a 12" windshied that I look threw. It gits the bugs and I don't.
    Smaller windshields may look cool. But all in all you git rocks in your face and bugs and a lot of other grit.
    I don't care for Cool. I care for rider comfort and being able to tote stuff.
    Go to Walley World and get some 20 5o mobile one oil for yer bike dude..........