1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Todays Ride to MT Hood

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Sep 6, 2010.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

We rode up the Clackamas river through the Mt Hood national forest today and wound up at Timberline Lodge on Mt Hood. We took Pat's 80 year old mother with us.
    Had to wear my steel toe boots to protect my feet and toes. My feet and toes are still all black and blue from the fall I took off the roof last week. Guess my ladder must of come down on them.
    Anyway we had fun today and this was her mothers first trip to the lodge. It was a project that then Pres. Roosevelt started to provide jobs during the depression. All the timbers and stone were cut about a few miles away. We should do stuff like this instead of bailing everyone out with nothing in return. Course more people had pride back then.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Now that's cool good pic's & I just bet your mother-in-law had a good time :cool:
  3. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Yea she had a good time. We rode for miles upon miles on a one lane paved road and she said the trees were just endless. They were and the red fireweed growing along the road side today was beautiful. In the winter the snow is over half way up the front of the building. They are constantly digging pathways out to get into the building. Its a skiers paradise up there in the winter months.