1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Todays ride turns bad

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Dec 27, 2009.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

We all meet up for coffee this morning and did all the usual bull session. Mike who we all call Chopper Mike for his unique Vietnam chopped softail crashed in a corner this afternoon. He could not be revived and died. We all were stunned by this today and felt so helpless. This is something that you never expect to happen nor understand. He was having a hard time through the holiday and I gave him a hug this morning wondering how I could help. It really sucks and its really hard as he was a great guy. Gonna miss him.
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

There are never any good words in a case like this , so May he rest in peace & stay in your minds for ever ,
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

very sad news.....thoughts and prayers to his family, and may he rest in peace......
  4. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Very sorry to here about Chopper Mike, we will pray for his friends and family.
  5. FLHTbiker

My wife and I were just talking about him and she started crying she said she told him to ride safe just before we left. He was a good friend who will be missed. I've got some good memories of rides with him. I think I'll stay off the bike for awhile, just having a hard time of it.
  6. chucktx

dont hesitate to long......make sure it is dry weather when ya get back on......but try to do it soon. i am sure he wouldnt want you to quit because of him............
  7. FLHTbiker

My friend Mike

Attached Files:

8. chucktx

good pic!!!! like the bike.....thanks
  9. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

Indeed my prayers are with his family. This must be tough for them. But as your "signature" line says "................. the journey never seems to end". We just move it to another location.
  10. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Sorry to hear about Mike! - I know he and MAYOR are having a great ride and the jounery will never end.:)
  11. tinsnips

tinsnips Active Member

sorry to hear of your loss my prayers are with you
  12. BluePearl

BluePearl New Member

FLHT I've lost 2 friends to riding accidents it is very hard, by all means take a few days off to clear your head. I'm sure Mike would want you back on your ride,always try to have good memories of him and keep him in the back of your mind not his passing.
  13. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

Sad news. My condolences to all who knew Mike.
  14. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

sympathies to Mike's family and friends. Marc, take a bit of a break as BluePearl says and get back on the bike when you're ready. I've lost family on bikes, it's not pretty. You'll know when the time is right.
    Bob
  15. amf4399

amf4399 Active Member

wow thats terrrible. Stories like this really make you think. Try to enjoy every moment you have. rip Chopper Mike
  16. ultra200922

ultra200922 Active Member

Live twice as hard, ride again and GOD bless Chopper Mike.
  17. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

Sorry for the loss. Prayers for the living to regain the smiles and laughs shared.

We all know what we do can be dangerous, even deadly. It is a risk we must make peace with or give up what we do. It isn't an easy peace to make sometimes but if we can't make it we don't need to mount our pony until we can. God bless you and protect you FLHT, again sorry for your loss.
  18. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

I'm so sorry.
  19. drillsarge

drillsarge Active Member

My heart is saddened. Think of the hug you gave him and think of how that meant more than anything else you could have done. A hug, a handshake or a pat on the back from a friend is worth more than all the gold in Ft. Knox. God bless.
  20. FLHTbiker

I rode out to the accident scene today, it was a 20 Mile corner and there were only a couple of small skid marks. The cops think a deer may have jumped out in front of him and he tried to swerve in the corner. His bike threw him off and he impacted into the telephone pole. His bike has little damage. He had apes on the bike that were 18 inch with 4 inch risers. I've always wondered how he could control the bike that well, especially in tight corners but its a personal choice. This is how I'll remember my friend Mike.