1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Todays Ride

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Apr 2, 2011.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Decided to take the Springer out today. Weather was real iffy this morning so we drove the car 80 miles up to my daughters house. Down pouring rain storms. Got back, sun came out, didn't look to bad through the tops of the firs so broke out the springer and went for it. No sooner got down the road and dang sprinkles but kept on going. Well it poured and then it hailed. Temp dropped to low 40's and got cold. Soaked by the time I got home, nope left the rain gear at home, don't care. BUT, I enjoyed the ride in between and despite of the rain and hail storms.:) Going out again tomorrow on the Springer, sounds dryer but temps only hitting about 52. :rolleyes:
  2. alex the dog

alex the dog Active Member

You are a lucky man FLHTbiker. Our weather had gone back to winter, so I decided the time was right to make some long-thought-out changes in my baby's looks. Ie: taking some chrome pieces in to have them powdercoated in matching "black pearl" color.

Just after removing all the parts, the temp got up into the 50's and 60's, and I got to watch everyone out riding. What a bummer. Well, hope you had a good day anyway.
  3. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

I grabbed the Fatboy this am and met some buds, then we rode along Ocean Parkway (here in NY we drive on Parkways and park on Driveways) The Atlantic was calm today due to a North Wind (the ocean is on the islands south shore). Went to Captree Boat Basin where there are many commercial boats and during the offseaason and impromtu car/bike show. Hundreds of gear heads, qawkers and lurkers hanging out showing off their hardware. Cold ride home since home was north and the wind was gusting to 30mph.
    Can't wait for warmer weather.
    :) http://nysparks.com/parks/65/details.aspx

Ps HotRoadKing tipped me off to FUELMOTO.com for pre-tuned Power Commanders from their Dyno experience. They have great pricing and I ordered one to replace a Vance & Hines unit. I can't believe the difference in the torque and power! My 95 cu in gave heartaches to 110's today during roll-ons in different gea rs. I definitely recommend FUELMOTO. They have their own maps for many configurations of pipes, cams filters. http://www.fuelmotousa.com/
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2011
  4. FLHTbiker

I jumped on the Springer today and we met up with the HOG chapter were 50 bikes rode through the county and then 3 friends and I left the group where they stopped for lunch and we booked up and over to Vancouver WA to went over to Loves Leathers. Wound up putting 155 miles on the Springer and got 46 MPG. Noticed that she is getting hard to start after its sets for awhile after riding and when I first started it today. Hmmmm
  5. alex the dog

That's happening because the fuel gets hot in the float bowl when sitting still. Sometimes the heat causes the float to stick open and allow too much gas into the bowl (kinda like flooding). That doesn't happen on fuel injected bikes cuz there is no fuel sitting in a bowl over the hot heads. Or, it could be the crappy E-10 gas.
  6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

glad ya'll had a good time riding........fishing was fun this weekend.......no camera..
  7. FLHTbiker

Sometimes its good to leave the camera at home that way you can brag about the size of the fish :D
  8. chucktx

:D:D:roflmao:
  9. Fatboy128

Cameras on the boat are almost as bad as bananas on a boat!
  10. Crankshaft

Crankshaft New Member

I got to put on over 250 miles this weekend!!!
    100 saturday+++160 yesterday === over 250
    Spring has SPRUNG here!!!
    Dogwoods in bloom, wisteria and several others have already done their thing...
    Pics from the Train ride and of the ABATE meeting is all I got...
    We took six nieces and nephews on a tran ride saturday, the wifes` van had all the seatbelts in use, SO I had to ride my Bike to the train depot ~ 50 miles one way...
    Then we met, Kickstands up @ 12:15 fer our monthly trip to the meeting...
    Rain sets in tonite!!!
    While wiping down the bike, I fount a broke windshield bracket yesterday...
    I had beena having a rattle that I couldn`t find, then it quit rattling...I reckon that was it???
    TCLOCS pays off!!!, Crank
  11. chucktx

fix em both while your at it, the other one is on its way out also!!!! been there and got the t/shirt!:D
  12. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

That is a nice looking Fat Boy!!
  13. JohnnyBiker

Chat with you all later, time to get the wife's bike to the shop!!
  14. chucktx

stay safe!!
  15. Fatboy128

Thanks Johnny! :cheers:
  16. JohnnyBiker

It was yesterday that I was able to get out on the bike and go for a ride. It wasn't the harley but hey, I am not going to complain. HR and I had to take her bike into the shop so we can get some stuff done, new front pad, air cleaner, and go through the carbs to get rid of that nasty popping. When we took off, it was 40* out and winds gusting to 30mph. I had full leathers on so I wasn't that cold going south, but when I turned west it was a whole different story. That was cold, plus going 55 mph. BUURRRRR!!!
  17. FLHTbiker

What the Harley can run in cold weather????
  18. JohnnyBiker

A lot of sand and salt on the road yet. I am not going to take that out for another couple of weeks yet. Not only that I have a flat front tire that I need to get fixed.
  19. alex the dog

During the winter, when we see 40 on the thermometer, we get excited to go riding. But it's a shock riding into the wind when it's only 40. On the hwy. @ 60-70mph, it will make you want to cry--unless you have heated liners.

Attached Files:

20. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Glad the fuel moto PC worked out, it's the best bet for
    quick and good fix to efi stuff.

On the heritage not starting easy, I would bet it's the battery
    getting tired. Take it and have it load tested, most car stores do
    it for free, see if it's holding a charge, while you are there, get a 12 inch
    ground cable, napa has them for $6, run it from the front starter bolt up to the
    ground on the battery, reduces the distance for electricity to travel and helps
    the starter.