1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

todays ride.....

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by chucktx, May 10, 2008.

1. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

Todays ride

we left out with two other bikes this morning at 9am. we went to anderson tx for a small festival called stage coach days.....was pretty cool, small but nice. we left anderson and rode over to brenum for maidays....it was a german festival. lots of kiddie rides, pretty flowers and some beer drinkin. we left there and headed to roundtop...what a cool place, great food. small little town with a population of 77. i set outside with the owner of the cafe, his name was bud. he was smokin a cigar and i was doing my homerolled. he offered me some rack of lamb that they do there........absolutly the best!!!!!!! man was it good. about that time my food showed up inside so i went back in to a 1/4lb of shrimp on a blt. the bacon was one big slab and tender. the tomato was fresh outa the garden, and the lettuse was crisp. the bread was jalapino.....i highly recomend it!!!!! the o'lady had a beef tip tenderloin sandwich......man was it good also!!!! i dont think there is a bad food in the place....the whole time we were there, folks kept comming in and buying whole pies and taking them home....musta sold 50 pies while we were there......so we had some. no wonder the folks were buying the pies, dam they were good!!!!
    all totaled we did 350 miles in 11 hrs............what a great time!!!!!

Attached Files:

2. chucktx

one more........

Attached Files:

3. chillybrr59

chillybrr59 New Member

Where winter is too long but summer is beautiful.
    ride on

Brenham is a neat town. I can't get Blue Bell up here and miss it. Sounds like you had a good day though. Whether it's the Watermelon Thump in Luling or the Strawberry Festival in Poteet, there's always somewhere to go on a weekend in Texas. Oh yeah, I forgot about the Rattlesnake Roundup in Taylor. Nothing like rattlesnake on a stick. Mmmmmm, rattlesnake.
  4. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Last edited: May 12, 2008
  5. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Sounds like a good time, great pics, and I love the blues video that Cardboard posted.
  6. chucktx

sometimes ol' cardboard will come up with something cool....................:)