1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Todays Ride

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by FLHTbiker, Jan 23, 2009.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Took off this morning with 3 other friends and spent the whole day riding. Sunny with east wind blowing down the Columbia gorge and 30 35 degrees. Loved every minute of it and the heated gear was a must. We rode over a hundred miles and the coffee was great after getting home. :D
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2009
  2. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

I rode home from work today with only a t-shirt:roflmao: sure don't miss that cold weather and snow.
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

sounds like ya had a good ride!!!!!!! i got about 80 in today....40 in leather, 40 in a tshirt.........
  4. FLHTbiker

You guys in Texas sure do have it made, except for the Tornado's, Hurricanes and those hot blistering summer days. :D
  5. chucktx

ya, does get warm around these parts.........not uncommon to have 100+ temps ridin the interstates............another reason i stick the the secondary roads most of the time.....most are tree llined and 10/20 degrees cooler!!!!
  6. FLHTbiker

I didn't know Texas has trees :D :D :D Just funning, we on the other hand have so many trees here on the west side of Oregon that we look for open areas just to get some sun. Went for a ride last weekend and things were going along pretty well until we hit a section of road about 100 yards long that was pure white. No sun in that area and wow was it slick. We could use studded tires on our bikes lately.
  7. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

shoot chuck, I been ride'n every day since I got her legal, except when it rained or at least when I knew it was, this aint cold, all the guys at work think I'm a little nuts, it's my only transpertation now except for the ol ladys car, I'm saving so I don't have payments, looking to move to surfside in march and live on the beach.
  8. chucktx

i assume you are also looking forward to all the chrome on the bike turning to rust........i used to live on the gulf..........chrome would last about 6 months then start turning...............:)
  9. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

faster the better, don't you remember I'm trying to black out and get rid of the chrome. also I'm looking for a house in surfside beach right on the water. nother 80deg day, supposed to drop down to 50 tomorrow.
  10. chucktx

one other thing you will need to be blacking out is all the aluminum....it will pit terribly!!!!! and keep a few spare chains and sprockets around, the sand will eat them up. all bearings will need to be serviced on a very regular basis....about 4 months or so.....neck bearings down to the wheel bearings. the salt will get everywhere. every morning i had to wash the windows on the ol'ladys car so she could see to go to work...the salt air would settle on them and leave a film overnite. i am not trying to talk you out of beach living, as it can be GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i did it for a few years.....just trying to prepare ya for what to expect......
  11. FLHTbiker

OK, I'm sick of icy COLD mornings and icy Cold days and frigging black ice. Now its supposed to cloud up and rain/snow. :cussing: :gah: But when spring, summer and those Indian fall summer days are here there ain't nothing prettier or better riding than right here.
  12. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Last Thursday 4 of us head out on to the plains for a 125 mile ride for lunch and round triped back thru Pueblo, CO and home total about 250 miles with temps near 70 on the plains, today is 5 below zero and I just came in from shoveling snow off the driveway and sidewalks. By the week end supposed be 57 again.. You can't ever tell what the weather is going to be like around here. Spring is just around the corner, but it could be one of those big sweeper corners.:D
  13. FLHTbiker

No riding to the HOG Chapter meeting tonight, its snowing real hard and we've go another inch in the last hour. :angry:
  14. chucktx

wow, i feel bad for ya'll that are getting snow......it is cold here, but no snow this time................
  15. SPORSTERBOY

SPORSTERBOY New Member

little cool this morning at 38, had to put the insulated coveralls on.