1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Took A Ride Today

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Jan 27, 2011.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Olbill and I with another Friend took a about a 130 mile ride today, little farther for olbill. Started out cold and foggy but got some sun later on and temps finally went up into the 50's.
    Filled the bike up and after all the tuning from the HD dealers tuner Mike Stegman the mileage is now up to 36 from 28. I think I may be even getting a bit better on the ride today as the gas gauge does not seem to be dropping as fast as it was. Anyway that's welcome news and as I get more miles on it I'm hoping it will get in the 40's. The oil pressure still remains about 60 when the RPM's are over 2,000.
  2. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

glad ya got out!!!! things should get better as mileage acquires on the ol'speedo!!!
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

from 28 to 36 is better as I'am only getting 38 gald someone got to ride hope you two had a good time
  4. olbill

olbill Active Member

FLHT good putt today when i got home blue sky sunshine 50 degrees go figure i checked mileage from our Tues. run 43mpg the ol girls starting to loosing up she likes to be ridden. I will check today's when next fill up.

olbill
  5. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Last time I checked mine I was getting 51!:p
  6. FLHTbiker

You should get more than that with that little lightweight bike.:D:D
  7. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

probably would if I left it stock.:cool:
  8. olbill

olbill Active Member

My 08 96" road king got50-51 it was stage 1 S.P.O'S and S.E. Deep breather.I hope this 103 with the same tune get's close to that.

olbill
  9. FLHTbiker

I hope I can eventually just get into the 40's