1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Took my bike out today

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Jan 21, 2010.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Pulled it out of th garage yesterday and washed and waxed it.
    1st time since November.
    Rode it to livingston this mornin and ate at Whataburger. Then left and rode around town and the gas light came on. Went to a station and filled her up.

Took her back home and took a break.
    Know I ain't suppose to be on her yet, but I couldn't stand it any longer.

Called a buddy that had a heart attack about the time I went into the hospital.
    Rode 30 miles to the Hilltop Icehouse and drank a beer with him and rapped about things.
    Rode 30 miles back to the house.
    Didn't git very fast either, was scared it might shake me up too much.
    I just got to hurtin a little.
    Man it felt real good to git back in the saddle.
    I haven't ridden since November.
    Now I got to see how I do tonight.
    Might try to take the OL out for a short ride saturday.
    She hasn't gotten to ride since November either.
    That would definately give me brownie points and make her very happy, cause she lives to ride with me.:rolleyes:
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

:gah: it was sunny and 59 here and I had to work, :banghead:
  3. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

cardboard, glad you got to get out! We got some duck weather happening here but we plan to ride Saturday. I know what you mean by feeling like you just have to get out and go. Anyhow, you got to make that FIRST trip sometime. And you were smart to take it easy. I did a similiar thing when I was 35 and was getting over a brain hemorrhage. I had been out of the hospital about 3 weeks and was getting ready to go for further studies so I decided that things could work out in such a way that it may be a long time before I rode again so I just took the bike out for a short ride one day while my wife was at work. She was a bit upset but wasn't surprised in the least. Anyhow, the neurologist ask me (in so many words) what I was trying to prove. So I just looked at him and told him that I needed to be able to tell him how much of a recovery that I had been able to make. Well he sorta saw right through that one. Anyhow just take it easy but sounds like you're doing fine and that's GREAT!:D
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Good to here you got it & played with it :D was about 72 here today & had to run some honey do's & need the truck , been about a month since I even started the bike up , just been darn sick :mad: but maybe this weekend , go to the doc again tomorrow morning , & sat is good weather day :cool:
  5. cardboard

It was fun and I enjoyed the heck out of the ride even if I rode around at 50mph.

But I paid for it last nite.
    But it was worth it.:D

Cowboy what's wrong with you that you got to go to the Doctor, And what have you been doing to git sick ?
  6. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Glad you got it out to ride

I dunno how people that live up north do it
    guess it's just part of the deal..
  7. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

cowboy - It's a sure sign yer on the mend; enjoy but don't push to hard. Glad ya got out for a short one wish I could ;but the weather isn't helpin out YET! - Won't be long thou - temps going up to the 40's later this week.
    Gonna get the ride out and get it over to the INDY shop to have the new tires installed and have them check it out before I head out on my run. Better safe than sorry! :)
  8. FLHTbiker

Cardboard..Glad to hear that you were able to get out for a little while. It always help getting out on the bike to lift ones spirits. Hope your able to get out more often but don't push it to hard. :)

Being wondering to what's going on with Cowboy?
  9. Parkey

Parkey New Member

Sarge,think I'll get out tmrw,been a couple weeks.Which shop do you go to?I try to avoid them but usually go to Plainfield,Westside.They seem pretty good,but just used them for a 10k service and tires.Of course they tried to sell me brakes and to fix a primary leak while I ws there.But that is what they are susposed to do,I guess.
  10. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

Good to hear you got out to ride. Enjoy.
  11. amf4399

amf4399 Active Member

To freaking cold for me. There has been one or two days when it peaked at 50 which would of been great but there was to much salt on the roads. Looking forward to getting the bike out. I wish I could head south for the winter.
  12. cardboard

Man it was a beautiful day in Texas today.

It was 77* here today and I did a little riding, and some visiting.
    Glad i'm in Texas.
  13. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

thanks for coming down..................:wtf:
  14. dmassey

dmassey Active Member

77? Man that would be wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's supposed to get to 50 tomorrow and dry so that'll have to do for now. We'll get out and ride somewhere just for the sake of the ride:D.
  15. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Ya the sun was just a shinin all day at 77 clear blue sky
    I have a infection in my bronchial area I get short of breath real easy , just backing the bike out of the garage I would have to stop & rest :(
  16. FLHTbiker

Better not even push it till you get better. It rained all day here and I got soaking wet doing a home inspection. Good thing I wear a full Respirator or I would be joining you with a lung disease, or worse yet get the Hantavirus which from what I have been told has no cure. The crawl space was totally infested with rodents plus it was wet in there. :gah:
  17. cardboard

You was asleep dude !:D

And you just seen me for a day and I thought I had talked yer ear off enough.:cool:
  18. SteveRace

SteveRace New Member

Sure wish I wasnt in Wisconsin, even though we are having a heat wave at 35 deg F today. I did think about putting the leathers on and taking a ride, but to much salt on the roads. Wish I could play with some of my toys.
  19. cardboard

Its only gonna be 70* here today. 30% chance of rain.
    But I took the Ol out to Breakfast on the bike. It was about a 16 mile ride.
    While I was eatin breakfast I called a Indy shop and asked it they had a MU85B 16 Metzler Blackwall.
    They said yer in luck we got 1 tire. We will let you have it for 126.00.
    I drive another 26 miles and when I git there they bring the Metzler tire out for me to look at.
    Guess what ?

It was a friggin Whitewall. :rant::cussing::angry::gah::wtf::rant::banghead:
    I said NO THANK YOU.
    There's no way I can stick a whitewall on my bike.
    Taboo ........
  20. HellBoy

HellBoy New Member

40 degrees in NYC today, and I'm riding to the bike show. Glad everyone's riding, ride safe.