1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Took The Sporty Out!!

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Apr 23, 2012.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Today I woke up, sat down, logged onto Bike Talk, had coffee, logged off of Bike Talk, then fired up the Sportster!!!!!

Ahhhhh!!!!! What a rush!!!!!! I Love That Bike!!!!!!!:D:D
  2. JohnnyBiker

Washed up the Sportster and the Road Glide today. Took the Sporty out for about a 80 mile ride. Man is that thing just wicked. First real time that I have had it out i decent weather since I got it tuned. FAST AS HELL!!! Then later Hot Rider and I went for a ride. She took Whip. She like it!!!:cool:
  3. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Sounds like a good day :) now don't go comparing the RG to whip for more power
  4. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Good to hear you got some decent weather for your ride. It's been chilly and rainy here, but today it's gonna start warming up again . . .
  5. JohnnyBiker

Sorry, already happened.:rolleyes: I will see what that key does then I will go from there. I will be putting a different exhaust on here soon as soon as I find out when we close on this new house. Then we see if I am happy. :cool:
  6. JohnnyBiker

To tell the truth, I think that I wasted 12k for the Road Glide. I just love my Sportster so much that in the past two days, that is all I have ridden really. It has plenty of power, looks nice has mirrors an engine. What else do I need???
  7. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

Don't know about wasted your 12K, but I understand how you feel. I absolutely love my softail. Simple, clean lines, fun as heck to ride, looks good to my eye. Sometimes I think I would like a bagger for wife and I to take longer trips... but all in all, I am real happy where I am!! :D
  8. JohnnyBiker

Baggers are nice, but when I get on that Sportster I just feel completely different. Hard to explain. It doesn't really have anything to do with power, just how I feel when I roll on the throttle and how the wind hits me etc.
  9. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Maybe it's cause the Sporty is a young man's bike. LOL. Baggers are for old farts like me - though I refuse to grow up and will ride my bobber come hell or high water!
  10. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

Good man!! :D:cool:
  11. JohnnyBiker

I guess I just don't know or just can't explain it. Either way, it is riding!!!:chopper:
  12. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

you answered it , it's riding :D , I ride the softail & it's way different then riding the E glide , both are fun to ride but feel different two different models for two different styles of riding :cool:
  13. JohnnyBiker

Tomorrow I am going to get a new front tire put on the Sportster. Awesome, now it is going to be time to do some curve carving. :D
  14. baggerpaul

baggerpaul Well-Known Member

its all good till ya get your ass handed to ya buy an old geezer bagger:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
  15. baggerpaul

something about the look on a guys face when the bagger pulls the front wheel as he takes off from a light . Priceless!:D
  16. JohnnyBiker

:rolleyes::rant:
  17. baggerpaul

comon man dont be haten homie . you buy parts from the same dude as me i remember some red shift cams !!!! and a 98 kit was being thought of!:D
  18. JohnnyBiker

:rant::rant::rant: I know!!:D