1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Top End Speed Loss

Discussion in 'CVP Stage 1 Tuners Kit' started by swampdragon, Oct 13, 2008.

1. swampdragon

swampdragon New Member

I recently installed your stage 1 carb kit. It was super easy and your directions were great.

I also installed a Doherty Power PACC air cleaner and some Screamin' Eagle2 slip-fit mufflers.

For some reason, my bike has lost some of it's top end speed.

What did I do wrong?
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I don't know about that style ac pack but the pipes if not full baffled will cause you to loose some top end , I just put that kit with SE ac & se pipes on my daughters 04 883 & it just run's better even at top end when she trys to get after my gezzer glide :D
  3. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Sent you a PM with some additional questions but might be the main jet selected.
  4. swampdragon

swampdragon New Member

Mine is an '01 883.
    It runs great, but I lost about 10-15 MPH on the top end now. I did the carb, the intake, and the exhaust all at the same time. The problem could be anywhere I guess?
  5. swampdragon

swampdragon New Member

Reply sent.
  6. swampdragon

swampdragon New Member

Well,

I had the mixture screw set too rich. Fixed it, and now everything is fine.