1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Tornado hit back Home

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Apr 28, 2011.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Got a phone call tonite from my best buddy back home in Pleasant Grove,Ala
    He said a Tornado blew the whole place away
    Part of this house is gone
    Trees on 2 trucks and his corvette
    His harley ultra was in the basement I
    And only got a little glass on it
    In Tuscaloosa where the University of Ala is it blew shopping centers away
    Nothin looks the same at either place
    Heard winds were 209mph
    He said all the circuits was busy, I was the 1st person he could call.

My son lives in Bayview not far from there, tried to txt message him and emailed him last nite ain't heard nothin from him.
  2. cardboard

This tornado was prety wide, winds well over 200mph, it walked from Mississippi threw most of Alabama.
    I asked my buddy if it sounded like a freight train. He said it was louder than any train he's ever heard. Gave him and his OL plenty of time to git down stairs in the basement in the space under the front pourch. Dogs followed his OL.
    He said it blew the windows out of the windows down stairs.
    Everything was over in 2 minutes. He walked over to the back door of the basement and a tree limb was stickin threw the doggie door, he couldn't open it. He went to the door besides the overhead door.
    He said he turned around and said to his OL, Denise you ain't gonna believe this.
    IN that short time everything as you know it has changed. All the big oak trees and everything behind they are gone. Brick houses are gone off the foundation. Trees are everywhere, one is on top of his old truck, which he only had liability on, he corvette which he only had liability on cause he just got back to work had a tree on it. His new truck had a tree on it and the front wheels was up in the airi.
    His wifes exployer, his harley and the boat was in the basement.
    His 2 bedrooms are gone on is brick house, and his back pourch is gone and his back yard has trees all it it.
    He had a generator by the back door incase of a emergency he could crank it and power the house.
    The generator had a tree on it.
    His son make it within a couple blocks of him and took his OL to his house. The had to climp over Oak trees.
    Their house sits down in a Hollar, he was saying his son walked up 4th street to the top of the hill, the church was gone and everything.
    He said hes gonna have to take some time off work and find a house somewhere to rent.
    triedto call him this mornin, all I could git is the emergency signal that you hear on tv
    Still can't reach my son.

The tornado was over a mile wide
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

hoping all are well and safe.........keep us posted....
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Click here to see the video of the Tornado going
    through Tuscaloosa. Pretty amazing..

Your friend at least lived to fight another day, and that's good
    things can be fixed, cars replaced, new Ultra....

Tornado Video
  5. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Wow, scary video. he weather across this country has been pretty crazy lately. So many tornados (amongst other terrible things). One has to wonder about 2012! I hope your family and friends are all safe.
  6. cardboard

He finally got in touch with me
    It came within a mile of him but he was spared
    Has stuff in his yard from it
  7. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Good news!
    :)
  8. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

That's good to hear and good news. I'm really worried about my sister in N.C. she is west of Raleigh where the red zone was. None of us have heard from her yet. Man this weather this year has been horrid, bad year already.
  9. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

good to here cardboard , My daughter & granddaughter live in west memphis & got hit as well , they where miss just barely Now there worred about the river riseing as it right in there back yard like about 200 feet away from there house G daughter said it was scary chuck got to meet her oh ya chuck melissa said hi :D
  10. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

Was on our way to Panama city and stopped at Athens, Al. tues nite when this thing went thru. - the highway was littered with huge trees and debris - 2 tornados went just south of the motel we were staying at so we delayed taking off for 2 hours - finally got on the road about 0930 and finished the last leg of the trip. Just after we pulled in and got checked in to the motel a second set of tornados went thru - these were the ones that you were telling about. Being on the southern edge of these was a bit on the scary side.
    First Lady was supposed to meet us but we haven't heard from her yet - tryed calling the PD in her town but was unable to get thru. her area was right in the path of the storm and the weather channel states that at least 4 tornados were in her vicinity - will keep checking until we contact her and if I can't the OL and I are going to swing by her place on the way home. Sure hope she is OK.
  11. FLHTbiker

Thanks for the update Sarge7, sure hope she is alright. I just heard the OB and his wifey are in Alabama to view the damage. The death tolls are raising over 300 now from all the Tornadoes.
    I hope all you guys who live in those areas where Tornadoes hit have basements. I wouldn't live there unless I had a basement. We got whats called a daylight basement here but Tornadoes are pretty rare here and not of the magnitude as they are in Tornado country.
  12. firstlady

firstlady New Member

i am ok i am 35 miles from PC TRINING TO GET IN TOUCH WITH SARG7 CAN SOOM ONE PLEASE GIVE HIM MY CELL NUMBER 256 641 3043 I HAVE BARROWED A COUMPUTER TO DO THIS ALL MY INFO IS ON MINE AND NOTHING AT HOME WORS AT HOME HE MAY HAVE A CELL WITH HIM THANK YOU
  13. FLHTbiker

Good to hear you are OK, Sarge may see your post as he has still been active on here while in Florida. If I had a phone number of his I would call him for you.
  14. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

First Lady finally showed up down here in PCB - we just got back from having dinner with her and her niece - Took her down to PINEAPPLE WILLY'S for a nitecap. Gonna get together tomorrow and check out some of the vendors - She and my OL hit it off good and they are having a great time.
    FL told me that the tornados missed her place but she lost all power and will not get it back for several days - but other than that she is fine. I let her know that she is missed on the forum and she will be back on more often as soon as her area gets back to normal.
    Was another beautiful day down here in the mid 80's - wish you all could have been able to make it. Even cardboard wouldn't found anything to bitch about.:roflmao:
  15. FLHTbiker

We need pictures :D:D
  16. chucktx

:worthless:
  17. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

OKOK - I know pics will be posted as soon as I get back to my home computer.
    First Lady is headed home and we had a great time looking at all the bikes and going to several of the shows down here.The OL and I left PCB and are now in the Orlando area checking out some real estate for this winter. If all goes well we'll be snowbirds this winter and I'll be riding instead of shivering all winter.
    Weather down here has been in the high 80's and low 90's - plenty of sun and no rain. (keepin' my fingers crossed).
    Plans now are to head back north on Wed and get home in time to spend the weekend with the GK's - then hope the weather starts acting like summer instead of winter - but the word is more rain forecast for later in the week.
    Will get the pics posted ASAP.:)
  18. chucktx

sounds like a great time!!!!!!! stay safe and have fun!!
  19. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Sent from a Bama buddie

Tuscaloosa from the air

[YOUTUBE]OU6hsYk_sWI[/YOUTUBE]
  20. FLHTbiker

You couldn't pay me enough to live there.