1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Tornado rips through Metro Park, Billings MT

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Jun 21, 2010.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

This is where the National HOG rally took place a few short years ago and we were there. We have been in that building on 4 different occasions and once we were part of a Square Dance group performing in front of about 4-5000 bikers, lots of fun. Yes we used to Square Dance and had great fun. Wife and I were there a few years back at a bike rally when the Tornado Sirens went off. We were in that building checking out vendors. No Tornado that day but we had hung our helmets upside down that sunny bright morning. :rolleyes: They were completely full of water when we came out after the storm. :rant: Never hang your helmet upside down even on a sunny day I guess.

Tornado Touches Down in Billings, Mont.
  2. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

That is pretty amazing. that tornado did not look that big either. There was a Tornado that hit a town in MN that killed 3 people. One of the persons that died was a man who saved his daughters life from the tornado. :(
  3. FLHTbiker

Wife and and I were riding 2 up headed for Sturgis one year and while riding thru Wyoming. All of a sudden she yelling what's that and pointing to the sky. It was the bigging of a Tornado as it was coming down from the clouds above. I told her to hang on and I cranked the bike up to over a hundred while pulling a trailer, was not going to hang around long as there is no place to hide out there. Later on the wife said it was like looking in the mouth of the devil, not sure what the devils mouth looks like but it was pretty scary looking.
  4. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

In my former career I had to stuff like 150 people in small store video center because we had a 24 hour stretch of nothing but tornado's. I think that we spent like 5 hours all cramped. One guy needed insilin. He was starting to go through that stage to when he needed it, thank God that our Pharmacy people were stuck with us. We just gave the gentleman the insalin, didn't charge him for it. That day, the tornado destroyed an entire town that was like 20 miles away.
  5. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

We were in that same building during the National HOG Rally, Think it was 05 maybe 06. Would have to find the shirt that tells me where i've been to know for sure which year it was.
  6. FLHTbiker

To bad we didn't know each other then could have meant up, would have been great meeting up with another rider here at bike talk.
  7. HarleysLR

HarleysLR Active Member

Maybe HOG will have another National Rally some where between us and we can meet then.
    We went to the Mt State Rally 2 years ago in Great Falls to. That is a nice place, but way to cold in the winter.
  8. FLHTbiker

That would be great someday. Most all of Montana gets to cold in the winter for me. Beautiful country though and love the place in the summer months.