1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Tour pack lights

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cowboy, Jul 22, 2009.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

I bought a good used T pack , it did'nt come with the harness that goes from pack lights to the main harness under the seat , so out comes the S manual & parts manual , T pack has three wires there color coded to the bike here's the punch line have running lights , brake lights but NO ,T signals :gah:, I'am making my own harness (HD does not sell just the harness ) any help will taken well
  2. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

I'm looking at getting a tour pack for the street glide. I also noticed that the light kit for tour pack didn't have turn signals. As long as you can read a wiring diagram you should ok. Wiring is the only part I don't care for. Good luck. Post back on how it worked out. This link might help you.

Browser Update Required
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2009
  3. cowboy

Thank's 08 , but I think that's the kit just for the side lights I will call HD tomorrow & see what they think , the lights I have are in the back like the ultra
  4. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

lights on the tour packs do not have signal wires.

It's Run, Brake only....

Side lights on Ultras are running lights only.

If you want to make them turn signals you'll have to run wires to make them flash, I saw some kit at Bike Week that did this but can't remember the company, oh well..
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  5. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

make sure you have a good ground!!!!!!!!!!!! use a test light on the wiring from the bike to prove it is working........let me know. if ya still having a problem, call me, i will walk ya through the wiring.....
  6. cowboy

HRK the rear lights in the T pack are set up for run / brake & turn signals it the corner lights like on all ultra's , the side lights are just running lights
    Chuck I'do that , Tim my grand son & I worked on the house all day in the heat yesterday , then after dinner we went out to work on the lights Have all working , but can't get the T signals to work , found a purple wire that blinks the tester , we will try again tonight , have to work on the house first so the insure co will be happy & cover us if another storm hits :gah:
  7. hotroadking

Cowboy
    Purple and brown, those are the signal wires for turn signals

Here is the LED Company that sells bright LED bulbs and turn signal conversions
    Ride Time
  8. cowboy

Thank's for the link HRK I think they have what I need , I'll call them tomorrow to double check , but the site has a good set up of all they have for T pack lights & a lot more , they show a plug up deal that almost plug & play :cool:
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  9. hotroadking

I saw those at bike week they are bright.

Checked my tour pack, it's not setup for turn, just brake and run, and it's an ultra, I gotta check more wireification.

I like the old tbird style leds but they are not cheap..
  10. cowboy

HRK I called ride time today keith there was real good to talk to & helped me a lot , I did order some led lights for the ultra lights & the wire kit to make them t signals work I did tell him to come on over here to this site kick off his shoes & set a spell
  11. cowboy

The LED lights & wires came in today fast shipping I ordered them past friday , over the phone , I have looked at other lights keith has , but in time & as long as I don't trun the T signels to leds I wont need the converter
  12. cowboy

I got the T pack LEDs put in the other day & now have 7 brake lights & 5 running light's & 2 trun signals on each side yes I know this ain't worth a ship without pic's still working on that part :banghead:
  13. chucktx

now lets just hope your seen from behind!!!!!!!!! good goin on the install, and yes, pics would be nice!!
  14. hotroadking

kool look forward to seeing the pictures...
  15. cowboy

Not on, running lights, brake lights

Attached Files:

16. chucktx

wow...that is a lot of light!!!! glad to see ya getting the hang of posting pics!!!!! looking good!
  17. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

Heaven help us if Chuck and Cowboy ride together....Chuck, you and your airplane landing lights take lead....cowboy, you got drag.....if anyone misses you guys front or rear, they need to be off the road forever!!!
  18. hotroadking

that's sure bright!
  19. chucktx

FACT!!!!! :roflmao::roflmao:
  20. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

:roflmao: but tese days seems like you can never have enough