1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Touring Seat

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by 08XModel, Jul 12, 2008.

1. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

I'm looking for a comfortable and versatile seat for touring and city riding for a 2008 Street Glide. Any info would be appreciated.

Kevin
  2. skull2007

skull2007 Active Member

mustang seats seem to enjoy a good reputation. HD even may have something. just google it and explore the sea of variety in bike seats. also there's been more than just a few past threads started in this forum:devil:
  3. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

mustang, or locate a seatmaker and have yours custom fitted!!!!:)
  4. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Mustang is the only way I would go. Have had 2 of them on two different HD touring bikes and loved them. If they made one to fit my Screaming Eagle I'd have one on it.

Mustang Motorcycle Products, Inc.
  5. Blockhead97

Blockhead97 New Member

Corbin is my favorite... I have had a Mustang seat in the past, and I chucked it because it was kinda hard + for some reason it made my ass hot... LOL
    I have put a Corbin on all my bikes since then, and their service is top notch when it comes to any Q's or issues. For example, I had one of their seats that seemed to feel like it settled in a bit to quick. They took it back and re did the thing like new with no hassles at all. (They just wanted the proof of purchase).
  6. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

Somebody got me a deal on a HD sundowner that was too good to pass on. Feels so much better than the original HX seat. Be aware that the 08 uses a different seat than previous models, but its the same as the 08 Road Kings.
  7. ringo912

ringo912 Active Member

Love my Mustang, JMHO, but probably the most comfortable seat I have rode on.
  8. SkyKing

SkyKing New Member

I've had 2 Mustangs and 2 Corbins. Mustang was more comfortable out of the box, but the Corbin was best after putting in the requisit break-in miles. They claim 2000 miles, but I was pretty comfortable after 1000.:)
  9. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I like the corbin
    friends have mustangs and like them

It's a personal choice, if you can get to a major bike event and let them test fit one for you,

Corbins are hard foam and don't collapse like stock HD open cell thats why hd seats feel like pillows for a while, then they collapse and you ride the frame and your legs hurt.

Corbins are narrow close to the frame shape so if you have short legs you'll get a bit more reach.

Mustangs are like corbins but a bit more pillowish.