1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Toy Run Today

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Dec 7, 2013.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

We had our annual Toy Run today and still many rode despite the 22 degree weather and some drove their cars. There were only about 1/3 the number of bikes this year as the year previous manly due to the super cold temps. Here are a few pics from today that I stole from another person that was there that I know. She is the one with Santa on his Trike. We still managed to bring a lot of gifts for the kids at the children's hospital as that's what's it's really about. Couple views of Portland taken from the children's hospital one of our volcano MT Saint Helens and the MT Hood.
    image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  2. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

We had same deal here, not quite as cold, but less than 1/2 bikes as last year. Temp in 30s and cloudy. Forecast was 80% chance of rain / freezing rain, did not happen, guess too many figured it would and made other plans.
  3. MountainCruiser

Last year this lot was overflowing....

[​IMG]

Check from HOG Chapter for almost $9K

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Good pics , our toy for tots run is on the 14th of Dec , were planning on riding in it
  5. FLHTbiker

Hope your weather is warmer than ours was for our toy run.
  6. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

My helmet is off to you guys who ride in that cold/wet stuff. I couldn't do it. We do some things here locally for kids & older folks though, like food drives and toys for kids. So many needy people . . . we live right in the middle of the most economically depressed area of our state . . .
  7. FLHTbiker

Josh, it was very cold but with heated grips, seat and heated liner I actually was to warm. I wore a full faced helmet which I only wear in this kind of weather and my ski bibs plus my FXRG jacket with that heated liner under it I kept very warm. You should have seen the looks of people in cars as I traveled down the freeway into Portland. :)
  8. joshbob

Ha-ha . . . I would have liked to see that. I am getting another, lighter 3/4 DOT helmet from Lick's (only 1.85 lbs.) and a Bell face shield to go on it for the cold weather riding here. But not the bubble shield I have - it sticks out so far that when I want to turn my head, it pulls the helmet over quite a bit. The newer shield style is only slightly rounded.
    Mac the wife is getting me some new leather gloves for Christmas as I lost my other pair when I went out for a cold weather ride. As for the rest, well, I'll just layer the jackets on and wear two long john bottoms if need be LOL.
  9. cowboy

our weather just said cold start up but up to 62 in the afternoon so the ride home wont be to bad , long johns jeans & leathers good to go , most of the time it's kick stands up around 10-1030 line up starts up around 7am we try to get there by 8 am ,If I don't forget my camera I get some pics or try to
  10. joshbob

Be good to see some pictures, Cowboy. Your weather has been much like ours lately. Hope your toy run is a good one.
  11. cowboy

well My riding for toys for tots is up in the air new , might have to watch two of my grand kids ,sat morning
  12. MountainCruiser

Josh, 3/4 helmet is what I went to for cold weather. Tried full face, just too hard to see out of, hard to check lanes to change. Wear a light weight polar fleece neck warmer up to nose and just as warm. Have one with clear face shield that raises and a drop down sun visor under that. Used that set up down to mid 20s and was fine. Issue is always fingers!
  13. FLHTbiker

I'm with you on the full face helmets I hate em. Only wear my full faced flip helmet in the worst weather conditions. My favorite is my 1/2 helmet made by Scorpion and has a flip down dark shield. Most used helmet by me. I would have worn it but at 20 degrees for the toy run my face would have froze. I also have a 3/4 helmet with a drop down clear shield and a second shorter dark shield. Not a bad helmet either. I believe its a HJC made for Harley.
    We got back from our HOG meeting tonight and had a blast. They always have a drawing and a gift card from the dealer for those that rode their bike always drawing at least two names. Well tonight only two rode. The wife made baked stuff for the annual baked raffle and sense its in the 20's and its a 25 mile ride I got told by the wife that we are taken the car. So, I drove the big old 3/4 Dodge instead and made her suffer :). But it's got heated seats so she didn't suffer to hard.
  14. FLHTbiker

Toy Run for Tots by Cowboy. Cowboy for some reason can't get on Bike Talk and post anything. I've let Ken know and he said he is working on it.
    Cowboy asked me to post a couple of pics of his 94 Softail and a 62 Pan. Here are the pictures he sent me when he was at the Toys For Tots Run.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  15. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

I like that Pan, wheres the softail?
  16. FLHTbiker

Sitting in the background of the second picture I think. That is a cool looking Pan.
  17. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

I like the pan a whole lot especially that brown paint. Nice cowboy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
  18. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

OK I see it now, hard to see on the eye fone...
  19. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

Is that an old glass doorknob on the pan's suicide shifter? The fuel tank sight tube looks pretty cool too. I'm going to have to check the Showcase for Cowboy's bike. The colors of both bikes look nice.
  20. MountainCruiser

Yea, that Pan is cool... nice pic