1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Tripping wet

Discussion in 'Trips N' Trails - the ride is the adventure' started by ironhorse, Aug 5, 2007.

1. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

So far it seems to be a wet trip to sturgis for about everyone and hot01 you've caught your share I'm sure . been working next to the road watching all the bikes go by and for the last three days there are a lot of rain suits as the standard riding attire, I rode 200 mi to silverthorne and 120 was in gully washer rain, should have pulled over but once your wet just as well kick back and enjoy the ride. besides just proves I'm not as sweet as some think:roflmao: to all ride safe if'n you have any problems around the cheyenne area let me know got space and tools to get you rolling again.
  2. Peyts

Peyts New Member

Ironhorse... thanks for the weather update. Just went on and checked the radar... wow, some good rainstorms around the area! I am leaving on Wednesday, so I'm hoping that it clears up by then! :confused:
  3. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

Yall ride and be safe... Someday I'll get there!!!:)
  4. Hot01

Hot01 Active Member

Yeah, everyone is telling me how unusual it is - both the intense heat and the rain. I'll take credit for the rain - ask anyone who's ridden with me. The thing is, it's been so hot that the rain feels good - and dries up quickly too. Except for the day in the Tetons. It rained every day I was in Albuquerque too. Not a lot, but afternoon thunderstorms. They call it Monsoon season there. I guess to them it is. That's just another sunny day in New England. :roflmao:

As far as rain during bike week, I took off the week before Laconia this year because the rain's been so bad the last few years during that week. This year it wasn't too bad, but it wasn't great either.

I always say that since I'm not a witch, I'm not worried about getting wet.;)