1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Triumph Trophy

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by FLHTbiker, Jul 1, 2014.

1. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Well boys went and looked at the Triumph today. Took it out for a 50 mile ride. This thing can really handle corners. For a 1999 model year it is in really great shape. We are staying overnight with my sister and her husband here in La Pine OR. They live out in the middle of the forest here in central Oregon. Very beautiful out here and some great motorcycle roads. Going to make a decision about the bike tomorrow. Different kind of ride for sure and I can't believe how quiet it is, almost scary.
  2. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

Coincidently I'm looking at a buddies excellent 98 Kawasaki voyager with 47k on it. This in an attempt to get the wife a little more comfort for her spinal stenosis. He's got a EGlide and recently bought the honda F6B. He's got to make room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
  3. Fatboy128

Here's a photo.
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404336055.007647.jpg

4. charlie46

charlie46 Well-Known Member

2 bikes ?
  5. Fatboy128

Yeah I'll keep the Fatboy for myself. Or, try and find a deal on a used EG and trade in. The objective is to get some more comfort for the wife so we can ride a little bit together. The Fatboy is too rough on her back.

6. MountainCruiser

MountainCruiser Well-Known Member

Got the same issue, wife only rides close by with me, not comfortable enough. But, I love my softail, so trying to justify two bikes and a daughter in college!! ;)
  7. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Ah so fat boy San!
  8. FLHTbiker

Well I rode it home today and as I said in the first post this bike handles like a dream. You lean forward just a bit so the lower arms got a bit tired at first. Rode it up over Hwy 26 past MT Hood going through the mountain curves and I couldn't believe how well it handled. Gets about 43 MPG. Found out stock it has 108 HP. Got a really super buy on it and the bike looks almost like new still. I don't think I'll loose money even if I kept it for 3 years.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
  9. Maddog110

Maddog110 Active Member

So lets ride, ill lead LOL. Not following no Limey bike.
  10. FLHTbiker

Sounds good
  11. joshbob

joshbob Well-Known Member

Triumphs have always been famous for great handling. Amazing it handles as well as it does with all that extra baggage. Nice color.
  12. Roadster guy

Roadster guy Well-Known Member

Yep. Nice color. I guess the windshield must be an accessory? Or do they come that high? Looks like you did alright.
  13. FLHTbiker

It's not a stock windshield and yea it's a bit high but you don't get any buffeting at all. Friend of mine has one that has the curved windshield right at the top.

Joshbob the bags and top box are extremely lite. It comes with the side bags but the top box is a add-on. They are kind of handy, the top box will hold one full face helmet but I still wear my half helmet with my drop down dark shield.
  14. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Good looking bike & same to fat boy on the Kaw & like a few others my wife can't ride to far even when I had my E Glide a couple yeas back she did ride 400 miles on two different days on my soft tail but that was enough
  15. FLHTbiker

Took it down and showed Maddog don't know if he like it or not did say I got it for a steal. Bike just runs very strong and really getting some good comments from others. Wished I would have bought one of these years ago. Anyway its a good bike.
  16. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Looks like a sport bike for touring. Not terrible.
  17. badinfluence63

badinfluence63 Well-Known Member

Sell it and use the money to get a HD bagger.
  18. badinfluence63

She's a nice looking machine right there. I was looking at a Yamaha FJR at one time. Just to mix it up, something different. I had a 1996 Buell S2T for that said same change of pace. It was a fun bike. I kept it 11 years and put about 20,000 miles on it but ultimately it was a piece of crap. It just wasn't made well. Saddle bags would come open for no reason and drag on the ground. Kickstand seemed like an after thought. And for God sakes don't drop it even one time. I wasn't sorry to see her go. It was a fun commuter bike s I live in the moubtains and going to and from work was a hoot. I took it on more then a few long trip..Nova Scotia, upstate NY and it was okay. Lost a cylinder in a rain shower in NS if that tells you anything about the craftsmanship.

buell.jpg buell1.jpg buell2.jpg buell3.jpg
  19. FLHTbiker

The Kawasaki is not a bad bike. That motor is pretty rock solid. Make a good touring bike.
  20. badinfluence63

I'm just teasing. If you don't mind being seen on what ever bike than by skippy ride on!

Friend had one. A 1992 or 1993 Kaw Voyager. And yes even that old it was made to run coast to coast and was strong. Only problem is parts seemed to be a smidge scarce. He upgraded to a awsome used 2009 Goldwing.

Another oldy but a goldy is the old Suzuki Calvacade,remember those? There is still a strong following even though the model was a short run and discontinued:
    http://www.suzukicavalcade.com/