1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

True Duals vs factory head pipes

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by 08XModel, Jan 27, 2009.

1. 08XModel

08XModel New Member

Hello:

Been a while since I posted. I'm depressed with the cold weather and not being able to ride. I refuse on warmer days to fire up the hog and ride on roads full of salt and sand. Anyhow. Just wondering what the advantages are to running a True Dual exhaust compared to leaving the factory head pipes and putting on performance mufflers. I have heard that you might loose torque somewhat with using a true dual system. Any info would be appreciated.

Kevin
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Just besure to get your bike tuned to the true dules & your good to go & run them on my 03 EFI E Glide & have a PC111 to set it up & runs better with them & samson fish tails you ain't dressed right with out tails :cool: :cool:
  3. duke76

duke76 New Member

true duals= higher top end power but lower rpm torque loss, true duals also=less heat on the right leg and in my opinion sound way better, you lose the lower rpm torque because of the loss of scavenging, you gain the higher rpm power because of better flowing, with a good tune you can make the loss minimal but it will still have some, Todd
  4. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Need to figure what yer lookin for. Like somebody else said yer gonna kill power with true duals.If you want performance across the whole band look at a good 2in1 pipe. They will outperform a true dual any day.