1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

True Duels

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by cowboy, May 5, 2006.

1. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Ok I'am looking at true duels for 03 EG , here's what I have already done to my ride , Power commander, SE Air Cleaner & Sampson ovel slip on's , I'am looking for the pro's & con's , on true duels , Thanks to all who answer :cool:
  2. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

almost same set up

I have almost exactly the same set up! Have the PC, Have the Ness Sucker air filter, and Sampson Oval slip ons.....have also been considering the true duals, but have not saved enuf pennies yet! I will look with interest on how this thread goes...one thing you didn't mention is are you carbed or EFI?
  3. CD

CD Guest

True duals will balance flow, creating that great sound from both the left and right side. V&H has the best quality ones IMHO. The only downside is that you can get a small midrange reversion dip but, it is no worse than a 2-1 gives you.
  4. cowboy

AFNurse , I have the EFI , Thats why I instaled the power commander , as far as I know you don't need one with a carb , these computered bikes are making me learn all over again , But I do like the EFI , I bought my bike used about two years ago & have put a little over 20k on it It was a police bike , It was bought new & traded in where I got it from So double checking on repairs was easy it had about 20k on it when I got it so I just had my 40k service done in February & thats when I put the PC & SE air cleaner on , I should be ording the V&H pipes tomorrow , :cool:
  5. AFNurse

AFNurse Moderator Staff Member

I was having a brain fart....I know that you don't need the PC with carb!! :rolleyes: OOPS!! :D
  6. cowboy

OK I ordered my pipes over the weekend from DP , had to get my bro-in-law to do it as I dont use credit cards , but we share the same land & address I just paid him & there on the way :D
  7. Danny

Danny Member

How did your true duals work out? Thinking of doing the same. I have an 00Electraglide with EFI. Harley put on the Screaming Eagle slip ons and re-chiped it with a high flow kit. I want to change to Vance and Hines true duals but my chip wont adjust to any other set up. Anyone encounter this before?

DQ
  8. cowboy

Danny welcome to the site , My new pipes have not arrived yet , I will post as soon as I get them on , No new super chip here , I have change the pipes from stock , put on a power Commander & SE air cleaner kit
    :cool:
  9. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

all this talk about true duals...it got me thinking how we made true duals back in the day.....pulled the pipes, and at the intersection of the front and rear pipe Y, we would silver solder a freeze plug before the rear exhaust went into the right side pipe. worked good. got the pipe rechromed, or not, then rode off into the sunset with enough money to buy some beer. with the full covers that come on the new bikes, i am thinking of doing it on my 06 eglide.....just a ramble.......................
    chuck
  10. cowboy

chuckTX , I thought of doing that as well , but as easy as these new style pipes brake :eek: , I have had to weld them in a coulpe of spots where the factory welds broke , so I'am hoping that V&H are a better pipes altogether, & I know it will get read of a lot of the heat on the right side :rolleyes:
    :cool:
  11. cowboy

Ok I got around to putting my new V&H true duels on saterday afternoon , sound a lot better run's alot cooler & no more poping from the pipes when shutting down , look's better as well , I'am going to down load a map for my set up in the next day or two , bike seems to run a little better as well , only got to put about 50-60 miles on so far , I got the pipes from here @ DP , & I'am very happy with the service , took about 4 days from order to front door took me about 3 days to get around to putting them on but all in all a good deal all the way around :cool:
  12. Texas Road Glide

Texas Road Glide New Member

cowboy??? what did it cost to have those delivered to your front door????
    i am in the same boat of saving for mine........i was looking at a set of rhineharts..............and they want to much money.......the problem for me is that my bike is old...........and lot of companys just dont go that far back.........but i did find a set of vance and hines true duels........for fairly cheap........380.00$........to get true duel sound.........works for me.....keep me informed when you get them let me know........would glady buy you a beer at woody's....or 2.......just to hear what they sound like.........gonna go jump on the ole ladys harley today.......and cruise up an down the island.............take care
  13. hdspringer

hdspringer New Member

true dual

I started looking and i when to this place SPAM you can use there true dual just sliped on to you're cross over and you can use your muffler too.

Springer, I have sent you a PM please read it before posting again.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2006
  14. Texas Road Glide

Texas Road Glide New Member

thanks springer

that is by far the cheapest set up i have seen.....................
  15. cowboy

Texas road glide , I got my Vance & hines from right here at direct parts $300to front door , & from the looks of the other set they posted for $260 I got a few more parts with mine , all new clamps & heat guards , I got the set where I used my own slip ons , I got to woodies last saterday night but only stayed for one beer :rolleyes:
  16. hdspringer

hdspringer New Member

my apologies for the spam to all member and to you CD
  17. CD

CD Guest

No problem, thank you for understanding.