1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

tuneable vs. non tuneable 2 into1 exhaust

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by t_ubinger, Mar 14, 2005.

1. t_ubinger

t_ubinger New Member

Someone please explain. What is the pros and cons of either. Thanks!
  2. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

Not sure what you're after. A tunable pipe, like a SuperTrapp with the discs the Hooker ..too bad the E Series is gone and the Pro Pipe with different baffles can help you tweak the bike just right. I think that it's kinda nice to be flexible when you're setting your bike up and a tunable pipe is one that you can keep for a while as you make mods to your bike..[compression displacement] That's the upside. Downside? Some of them don't throw the big numbers out there although the Pro Pipe works really really well..and I'm talking from experience. The only thing I don't like about that pipe is that the big can will discolour at the forward point of the baffle insert but there's no question on how it works. What do you want from a pipe anyway?
  3. t_ubinger

t_ubinger New Member

2-1 exhaust

I told you whatI am looking for . Do you have any advice from that? Thanks for any info!!
  4. Sleepy

Sleepy Well-Known Member

OK ,here's the "readers digest" version. A tunable pipe is on that you can adjust to your motor. If you do desire to modify your motor from the state from which you bolted your pipe on you can set your pipe to the motor. This may save you a few bucks..I'd call that a pro...unless you've got stacks of green to throw at the bike's pipe instead of putting it to better use. The only other con that I can think of is that the tunable pipe may or may not work on your highly modified motor. I'd buy the Pro Pipe and have done so in the past. They sound great, work great, will adapt to modifed motors. The con to this pipe is that it doesn't look great and that the big can will discolour a little..other than that..your call. :rolleyes: