1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Tuners And Their Money

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by JohnnyBiker, Aug 20, 2020.

1. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

Well I was able to get my first experience inside the dyno room as my bike is being tuned. I (thought) I understood what it is that tuners do but to actually watch and observe what they do is really impressive. There are so so many variables that they have to know and understand it is remarkable.

Hot Riders bike is a just a calm Stage II but with her bike, the tune made the build. Watching Just Torque It having to go through the entire rpm range from off idle to red line and change almost every box percentage in 125 rpm increments was tedious and took a long time. Then, getting back on the bike, do another few pulls to see if those changes produced the best results. If not, go back and make more changes and do it all over again and again.

The moral of the story....... If you are getting your bike tuned, don't complain about the cost as the tuner is going through a lot of work to make yur bike run right!
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Yep it's a lot of work, and the second moral is to have a ride take you to a good lunch place while they tune, easier on your ears!
  3. Fatboy128

Fatboy128 Well-Known Member

I found that the dyno work worried me about the "abuse" the engine gets. "Abuse" is a negative word for the rpms that are incurred during the tuning process but I'm extremely protective of my older bike. However, the results were great!
  4. hotroadking

I'm sure the abuse the engine gets after the owner gets in the saddle on the new upgraded and tuned bike is worse!
  5. Fatboy128

Mine was never raced! ;)
  6. hotroadking

Yeah, that's whut they all says!

Hows it going in NewYawkistan
  7. Fatboy128

King Cuomo is f__king it up.
  8. hotroadking

He's got a lotta help from his buddy DeBlameuall
  9. Fatboy128

You see where Bloomberg is bailing out Florida felons so they will vote demo!!!
  10. hotroadking

Yeah, State Prosecutor is looking into it for any issues.

Hopefully they'll hang him for election tampering....

I think they should pass a law that says that for the felony bill
    to be paid it must be paid by the individual that committed the crime
    in person.

Then Bloombuy would have to give the money directly to the criminals
    who would then have the opportunity to decide, pay the fine or buy an 8 ball...

Figure half will take the money and run..
  11. xcaret

xcaret New Member

My old 1991 Springer has ran fine for the 26 years I have owned it . I know Harley's are not super fast from the factory, and once my bike was running fine ( I bought it as salvage after it was in a shop fire in 1995) I just left it . I have never reached top RPM, and don't go WOT. If my bike had 20 more horespower I'd never know it . I am happy cruising along at my speed .
    Tuners , naw! not what I'd be interested in.
  12. JohnnyBiker

JohnnyBiker Well-Known Member

That's cool! You are in the minority of Harley riders then. Most Harley riders that I know or have ever met want their bike running top notch. I am in no way saying that your bike isn't running really well or anything. Hey, if it works for you, Ride On Brother!