1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Tuners Kit Installed

Discussion in 'Motorcycle Tech Talk' started by bobton5, May 24, 2009.

1. bobton5

bobton5 New Member

I installed your tuner kit the other day. Very nice upgrade in preformance! Bike is a 96 Roadking, sampsons slips and a K&N in the factory airbox, with a lehman trike installed. (see the need for more power - heavy and a lot of rolling resistance LOL). My set up before was one size larger pilot and main and the 1988 sporty needle (1988 sporty needle cut more agressive because of no accelerator pump), while all of this was an improvement, it just fell short. Kit was straight forward to install, but I'm no stranger to the inside of carbs, but none the less a straight forward kit. The only problem I came across was adjusting the idle mixture with the factory air cleaner re-installed, yea right, I found no way to get a screw driver to that screw (80" evo). So I thought if I could get my hand to the area I go ahead and order the e-z adjust screw. I can't even get my hand in there close and I have small hands. So I set the mixture at 1 3/4 turns out, ran the bike for 5-6 minutes, shut it off, pulled the air cleaner back off, started the bike, and followed the standard mixture adjustment procedure. Put the air cleaner back on and made a road trip, bike has never run this good. Period! Put about 20 miles on that evening, road to work, came home in the morning from work and felt the need to adjust the idle mixture again, went another 1/8 of a turn out. That should put me really close to 2 to 2 1/8 turns out. No cold bloodness, no back bark through the carb and after a 60 mile ride on friday, it really appears that my gas mileage is up, now we did ride like grown-up adults, I'll see what it's like when the kid in me comes out hehehe... Bottom line thanks for a great kit, a complete kit. Bob - NE Ohio
    Last edited: May 24, 2009
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Good to here you gat it done , That kit works wonders I put one in my Daughters 04 sporty883 & it sure woke it up :cool:
  3. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

all this talk about the e-z, might have to try one on the sons sporty one day...$$$ ya know
  4. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

ironhourse it was worth the few bucks for the deluxe kit knowing the Daughter was riding a safer bike carb not messing up