1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Turkey day

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by ironhorse, Nov 20, 2007.

1. ironhorse

ironhorse Active Member

to all that celebrate thanks giving, remember to also give thanks to those who allow us to celebrate, and to all happy holiday season, between the ditches with the rubber side down, be safe.

also ,chuck cool vid of merle, gona have to ring tone that one
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

Ya what ironhorse said Happy thanksgiving to all
  3. voodoochild

voodoochild New Member

Ditto for me as well....:D
  4. charlieharley0057

charlieharley0057 New Member

All the best fa across the water

Hay yer time cas wa kens wir wil be the morn :)
  5. wvak47

wvak47 Active Member

:wtf: I missed something here.

I too would like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving. This year among my normal things I give thanks for I will sure be including my little troublemaker Sporty, and of course all the folks I have had the great fortune of finding here. BT Folks Rock
  6. ringo912

ringo912 Active Member

What everyone else said...have a great and safe Thanksgiving!!
  7. bikerputz

bikerputz New Member

I will add my same here to the above. :D

Happy T-day
  8. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

a happy thanksgiving to all my friends here on the board. i hope your day is blessed and you are surrounded by family and friends. here is hoping they leave early so you can take a nap!!!:) :D
  9. ShowMe02WG

ShowMe02WG New Member

Happy Thanksgiving to all, and let's say one for the troops before we eat! oh, Merle rocks!:)
  10. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

we will and yes he does!!!!!
  11. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

George Washington's Thanksgiving Proclamation

Whereas it is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favor -- and whereas both Houses of Congress have by their joint Committee requested me "to recommend to the People of the United States a day of public thanksgiving and prayer to be observed by acknowledging with grateful hearts the many signal favors of Almighty God especially by affording them an opportunity peaceably to establish a form of government for their safety and happiness."

Now therefore I do recommend and assign Thursday the 26th day of November next to be devoted by the People of these States to the service of that great and glorious Being, who is the beneficent Author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be -- That we may then all unite in rendering unto him our sincere and humble thanks -- for his kind care and protection of the People of this Country previous to their becoming a Nation -- for the signal and manifold mercies, and the favorable interpositions of his Providence which we experienced in the tranquility [sic], union, and plenty, which we have since enjoyed -- for the peaceable and rational manner, in which we have been enabled to establish constitutions of government for our safety and happiness, and particularly the national One now lately instituted -- for the civil and religious liberty with which we are blessed; and the means we have of acquiring and diffusing useful knowledge; and in general for all the great and various favors which he hath been pleased to confer upon us.

And also that we may then unite in most humbly offering our prayers and supplications to the great Lord and Ruler of Nations and beseech him to pardon our national and other transgressions -- to enable us all, whether in public or private stations, to perform our several and relative duties properly and punctually -- to render our national government a blessing to all the people, by constantly being a Government of wise, just, and constitutional laws, discreetly and faithfully executed and obeyed -- to protect and guide all Sovereigns and Nations (especially such as have shewn [sic] kindness onto us) and to bless them with good government, peace, and concord -- To promote the knowledge and practice of true religion and virtue, and the encrease [sic] of science among them and us -- and generally to grant unto all Mankind such a degree of temporal prosperity as he alone knows to be best.

Given under my hand at the City of New York
    the third day of October in the year of our Lord 1789.

George Washington

---------

Happy Thanksgiving to one and all!
    :cheers:
  12. bdfin

bdfin New Member

I'm giving thanks to finally gettin a hog this year and gettin back out there.
    Hope you all enjoy friends, family, food, beer, riding, in any order that makes you happy.......
  13. gutierg

gutierg New Member

Same sentiment from me to all of you. Have a grea Holiday and lots to eat. But please do stop for a minute or two, say a prayer for we have over 300,000 US personnel that are away from their families, that is a tough issue to deal with. May the Lord keep them safe and bring them all back, whenever the job is done. GOD bless the US Forces all over the world!

Now, I am not, I repeat I am not a Cowboys Fan, but I think they have assembled a very good team this year. I just feel sorry for the poor Jets, they are going to get a Football lesson that they will not soon forget.

Regards,
    German
  14. kenfuzed

kenfuzed Administrator Staff Member

I'll second what everyone else said except for Charlie... but if he was trying to say "Happy Thanksgiving", then me too! :p (just kiddin ya Charlie!)

Have a great Turkey day everyone. Remember that there will be plenty of drivers out there who may have had one too many, so be safe. And if you happen to be one of them, stay put or get someone else to drive, its just not worth it.
  15. DKIN21

DKIN21 New Member

From Me As Well And East Tennessee Have A Happy Thanksgiving!!!!!!