1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Ultima 6 Speed Transmission

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Apr 17, 2008.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Anybody needing a transmission. Got friends that work at shops have been swearing that the Ultima 6 speed transmission has to be the best shifting transmission on the market. Anybody used one.

SECTION 1
  2. hotroadking

hotroadking Super Moderator Staff Member

Just put one in my friends 98 RK behind his 113 he said it's the smoothest shifting the bike has ever had.

Install was easy, nothing out of the ordinary, only issue you'll need a speedo adjustment from Dakota digital about $90 if you have an electronic speedo and you'll need to change the N light setup as the one they designed works reverse of HD for some dumb reason, it goes on in 1, 2 3 4 5 6 and out in N

So you have to wire in a relay a tyco K10 P11 D1512 relay,

Paco helped with the relay info

Jireh has them at $549 shipped to your door in the case, the builders kits are on backorder so we got the full tranny for $50 more, I'll sell the case to someone to recover that.

Also got one for my 00 Heritage, it's going in now.
  3. Red Rider

Red Rider Well-Known Member

One question - does the bike go into Neutral easier now? My only H-D moan is that all the foreign bikes I've rode had no trouble going into N quick, but the Harleys always were finicky.
  4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

there are a few things to check for curing that problem.......primary chain tension for one, clutch basket adjustment, hand lever adjustment,primary case oil, shift dog adjustment.. you may have done these already,,,,just thought i would throw them out there.........................:)
  5. fujimo

fujimo New Member

nutral

do like most of us,,,,suffer with it,,,,pops
  6. fujimo

fujimo New Member

altho

altho,,,i never park my bike in nuetral,,, it has never rolled off its stand either,,,, so i do not use it except at long stop lites,,,, pops
  7. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

The transmisson still shifts 1N23456 right ?