1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Upgrade and dirty bike

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by Ashley, Jan 12, 2009.

1. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

I had the Stage 1 done today, Vance and Hines Straightshot HS Slipons, the EFI management and air filter. The new air filter is behind the stock cover, so the only visual difference to the 2007 FXSTC is the pipes.

There is a big sound difference even with the optional quiet baffles which I think makes those pipes sound even better, and maybe less police hassle as well. Response wise, it seemed good, I do not really get a chance to test it out in full it was dark and raining and rush hour.

I managed to get a couple of pictures. Not very good and taken in the dark. They are here

Omentide/Harley 2009 - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The first taken on a clean bike. The second 15 miles later. An absolutely unbelievable amount of road dirt, most of which is probably salt, for such a short trip. I'll get some more pictures at the weekend, hopefully in sunlight, and after I have cleaned the muck off the bike.
  2. cowboy

cowboy Moderator Staff Member

looks good , good & dirty :D Man that's a huge license plate you have there
  3. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

The standard UK and Europe size plate. It is possible to get smaller ones but it only takes one policeman or border official to spoil a lot of fun.
  4. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

5. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Looks nice and should rattle a few windows over there.
  6. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

7. mwelych

mwelych Active Member

Nice bike!!!:)
  8. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

The Vance and Hines LS Slip-ons fitted with what are called "quiet baffles" sound fantastic. I think "quiet" for these means more mellow, less harsh, and not crazy loud. On a cosmetic level I might change the air filter cover to a round one, slightly smaller, but this is probably going to be the only other visible change in the near future.

Hopefully in another month or so the frosts will have gone and the salt on roads gone. It is unbelievable just how corrosive the combination of road salt and damp can be.

Then I can get in some proper riding.
    Last edited: Jan 18, 2009
  9. sarge7

sarge7 New Member

A Arlen Ness Big Sucker would look great on your ride- check it out.
  10. jarhed

jarhed New Member

Nice! I put a round a/c cover on my 08 ultra w/a chrome mounting bracket and it most definitely "opens" the view of the twins up a bit.
  11. BluePearl

BluePearl New Member

Küryakyn High5 with K&N washable air filter great air flow and small enough not to get in the way! IMO looks great on my Twin Cam!
    [​IMG]
    Sorry about the pic size Don't know what happened there!
  12. Ashley

Ashley Active Member

Thanks.

Underneath what is currently the standard air filter cover is the SE air filter, HD part number 29773-02C. I want to get something which fits this piece of kit since it would be crazy to change the air filter again hence thinking of the round HD cover. I guess I should check out whether the covers from Ness and / or Küryakyn fit the HD hardware, if they do then I have wider options.

Slowly the weather is improving. This is good.