1. After 20+ years it's time to pass the torch. If you are interested in acquiring this forum please contact support@cv-performance.com for details. Any spam will be reported and blocked.
  2. Welcome to Bike Talk, a forum for all bikers and motorcycle enthusiasts. If you are new to Bike Talk, be sure to register for free and join the conversation.

There's always someone around willing to help out with questions or give a friendly wave back. All Harley and metric riders are welcome.

Upgraded cell phone

Discussion in 'Pull up a chair and sit for a spell' started by cardboard, Jun 16, 2009.

1. cardboard

cardboard Well-Known Member

Went to Walley World and renewed my AT&T phone contract. Got the eternity phone with the upgrade for like 79.00. Got 30 days to play with it .

I usually go somewhere and need to look up places and call them from my cell phone but don't have the number.
    I can go to mapquest.com and look up the names of business and git the phone number. Haven't signed up for GPS cause its 10.00 a month, nor did I git mobile Tv.

I did sign up for unlimited internet for 9.99 a month, on top of my phone plan.

Has anybody else tried this phone ?

Samsung Eternity Review - Video
  2. FLHTbiker

FLHTbiker Moderator Staff Member

Which community college offers classes on how to use it? :rolleyes:
  3. cardboard

4. chucktx

chucktx Moderator Staff Member

ya got internet with it???? does that mean ya gonna quit stealin it from ricky???
  5. FLHTbiker

6. cardboard

It won't do everything the internet and computer will do.

I used the internet on it oh to go on Mapquest and look up 2 business and git the phone numbers so the Boss could call them and check for parts.

I've looked up a business while I was away from home so I could check on something before driving there.
  7. chucktx

i have verizion. i use 411 to get any phonenumber in the usa....and in europe....works for me. talk to a person to get the number instead of having to squint into that tiny screen and hope the light is just right so i can see what i am doing......have fun with it!!!!!!!
  8. cardboard

So when you leave home and just have yer cell phone it will work fine for you to look up whatever ?
  9. FLHTbiker

You get a nice little charge everytime you dial 411
  10. cardboard

On a cell phone its like 2.50 everytime regardless if the phone number is right or wrong.

I have had Verizon before when I had a business, wasn't pleased with them.
    My OL raised cane everymonth when the bill come in too.
  11. cardboard

Just had a friend to turn me on to a Eternity forum on the phone.

This will help me more with my new phone.

Prolly no surprise there is an Eternity forum. Samsung Eternity Forum Go sign up.
    http://www.samsung-eternity.com/index.php

There is a section where you can download games and apps for free. Lots of cool games on there like Bejeweled, Tetris, Monopoly, Guitar Hero, etc. Quite a few are full touch screen games too.

As far as the weather app this is all you need for instant weather. http://mobile.weather.gov/ from your phone

Directions you can download Google Maps. Google has other apps too. m.google.com from your phone

And here is a good list of mobile sites. Mobile Sites - Cantoni.mobi from your phone
  12. FLHTbiker

I like my cell phone.....ring ring....hello....good-by...no games...no bull...don't text and don't want to. :D
  13. cardboard

Don't play games. I can go to the URL site and go to mapquest.com and look up business addresses and phone numbers.

If you never want that stay simply and don't git a smart phone.

But its like gittin a GPS unit, you don't know what yer missin till you've got one and used it.
    Everybody I know that has never used some new things don't want change and don't want to learn new things.
    The world constantly envolves. You have to move and change with it to keep up.
  14. steveb

steveb Active Member

My eyesight is getting so bad the older I get I would have to carry a magnifying glass with me to work all the features. I have trouble readin a map if I don't have my reding glasses. After our last trip to Sturgis on one of our day rides I got us kind of lost cause I couldn't read the map and I guessed.
  15. cardboard

I got a Garmin Zumo 550.

It has helped me many times.
    One of my brother in laws cussed GPS units for years till he got lost between Dallas and my home in Livingston, I took him and had him to git a Garmin GPS and sit on the front pourch and drank Redneck Budweisers showing him how to use the unit.
    He called me one day and said now that he has used the unit for a while he had no idea how he ever got by without one.
    Life is much easier, his fiancee went and got her one also.

But it sounds like you need to go to a eye doctor and have yer redneck eyes checked .
    I got a pair of gold safety glasses at the eyestore and they are made with my prescription and have lined bifocals put a little lower than normal.
    I have them to where they change to a darker color when its bright outside. Transistion !

I made 58yrs old and had to git this done to even see my Zumo.
    I don't really need them for far off.
  16. chucktx

so with all the electronic stuff you got i think you loose the adventure of the ride. you never get lost, you dont see out of the way places, cause you have a puter tell you that you messed up. i like using my brain to try to figure out where i am and where i need to be. it is a nice challenge. if i let putters do most of my thinking, i believe i will lose my ability to reason for myself. this is my opinion. i guess if i had that phone and did get lost, i could play a game on it......or just ride till i am unlost!!!:)
  17. FLHTbiker

The last two road trips we went on there was one or two riders with a GPS and everytime they decided to put the GPS in the lead we went the wrong way and one time went in a circle. I told them they were going south when we were suppose to go east so they finally had to stop and ask directions. I said nothing when we finally went the right direction. One GPS kept giving them directions for a street with the same name, only it was in England. No thanks the old way has worked for me for years and like the GPS or a fancy cell phone, no thanks. Oh yea, everyone told those with the GPS to shut them off. We all had a good laugh about therm later on and those with the GPS kept saying I don't understand it. :)

No disrespect I got no qualm with anyone using or having one of the new fancy phones or GPS units, its just not for me. I've traveled all over the country on a bike before GPS came around and didn't need one. My cell phone is basic and cheap but I kind of like it that way. When I need it, it works.